• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

field painting -- Outback  Bowl similar story

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

USF needs to do a better job talking more about an OCS.  I understand that it may not be feasible or financially responsible right now, but that doesn't mean we can't bluff.  Pitt seems to have a good relationship with the Steelers, I wouldn't mind sharing the stadium for a long time to come, but the current set up seems very one-sided.  If USF starts talking seriously like they may build on OCS, perhaps even courting some of Ray Jay's other clients (Monster Truck, Bike Racing, etc), I would bet we could come to a more fair deal.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

USF needs to do a better job talking more about an OCS.  I understand that it may not be feasible or financially responsible right now, but that doesn't mean we can't bluff.  Pitt seems to have a good relationship with the Steelers, I wouldn't mind sharing the stadium for a long time to come, but the current set up seems very one-sided.  If USF starts talking seriously like they may build on OCS, perhaps even courting some of Ray Jay's other clients (Monster Truck, Bike Racing, etc), I would bet we could come to a more fair deal.

Pitt and the Steelers have a longer relationship than the Bucs and Bulls. Also, they both have similar, if not the same, colors.

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

I was at the Bucs game yesterday and you could tell they didn't repaint the Bucs flag logo at midfield. It looked pretty faded so that it would be easier to paint over today.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

USF would take offers (donations) to pay for an OCS any day.  No one has put it up yet.  

They are working on the things we DONT have right now, like practice facilities and facilities for USF teams that don't have much or anything to work with.  At least we have RJS.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

my point in all this wasn't directed at OCS talk-- simply the painting of the field

Painting the field is far from the biggest concern USF has and even less of a reason to build our own stadium.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

They did the Tampa Bay paint thing last year too...they always do it when the bucs play they day before the outback bowl...They do it instead of the usual buccaneers, it promotes Tampa and saves money...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  173

They did the Tampa Bay paint thing last year too...they always do it when the bucs play they day before the outback bowl...They do it instead of the usual buccaneers, it promotes Tampa and saves money...

what about the college atmosphere?

;)

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have to say it's pretty sad they did such a bad job on the field. I know it's not quite the same, but in Jacksonville, they usually do not schedule a Jaguar home game the same weekend as the UF-UGa game or Gator Bowl. That's really bad planning.

On another note, is there some NFL rule that says the endzones cannot have college logos or names in it, only NFL logos and names?

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  384

I think they left the endzones in Tampa Bay due to the crumy weather. I dont think the paint would have dried correctly, that is probably what was going on with the center field Art work.