• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watch the bowl games & compare them to our Bulls

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

Many of you will be watching them bowl games today --but don't watch passively!

Look at how each team plays and break down the positions. Afterwards, come on here and ompare them to our Bulls.

Why?

If we aspire to win the Big East and to be on the top 25, we need to play like these teams today. I want to see how you Bulls feel about our current team as compared to the bowl teams playing today.

Go Bulls!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

I watch all of the games, but I don't generally break down the teams.  I cheer against anyone ranked low or anyone in  the SEC.

• Topic Count:  411
  • Content Count:  5,591
  • Days Won:  3

I usually watch for fun but this acctually sounds good so i think i might do that.

I watch all of the games, but I don't generally break down the teams.  I cheer against anyone ranked low or anyone in  the SEC.

I'm not sure I can break down all the games today... I am a big fan of upsets - so I usually root for the lower ranked team to win when I don't have a stake in the game.

There are two games of note for USF fans today:

11:30am on Fox -- Cotton Bowl -- Auburn vs Nebraska

1:00pm on CBS -- Gator Bowl -- Georgia Tech vs West Virginia

The Rose Bowl might be the best of the BCS bowl matchups, Michigan will want to prove that they deserved a rematch opportunity -- it's on ABC at 4:45.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  687
  • Content Count:  7,660
  • Days Won:  6

Cheering priorities for the remaining games:

1. For the BE (good for the conference)

2. Against teams ranked 20-25 (gets USF more post-season votes)

3. Against the SEC and ACC (in general just don't like the attitutde)

4. For the underdogs

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

FYI, INHD (B'house channel 703) as all the "Fields of Glory" on today so during the commercials check it out.  I showed the wife the Auburn eagle segment and got a vote of confidence for a family roadie.   I've also watched parts of ND & WVU.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I think we have reached a point where we can compete with any other school on the field.

Now I said compete-- not beat. We have a lot of talent and it seems to improve every year. I like our chances of seeing the top 25 next year, possibly winning the Big East with a few breaks here and there. That would be the type of progress and "next step" USF seems to be aiming for. With any luck, that will result in more fans for the team in general. The Bucs lousy season this year might get some converts out of the Buc nation-- and I've heard nothing but compliments about USF on the season we just had.

things are looking up for USF

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

nebraska looked terrible.  stupid play calls on offense that last drive, then they tried to block the kick which the punter could just have pooched for 40 yards over their heads because NO ONE was back...so of course auburn lets 14 seconds tick off the clock on that punt!  that left 10 seconds that was just a spike and then a hail mary.  i didn't watch all of the game but from what I saw the play calling and execution was terrible.  4th and 15 and the QB throws the ball out of bounds?  geez.