• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Just a thought...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I have been talking to my Gator friends while over the break. They are all excited about their National Title chance, and I bring up that USF is the #2 team in the state this year. Most of them just laugh at that fact and proceed to tell me that we are no where near them. So I tell them we will see in 2010 and 2011 when we play. Until then just watch out.

It then dawned on me that we might meet sooned than most expect. If we win the Big East next year, and Florida wins the SEC, it is possible to have a Sunshie State Sugar Bowl (I did not say National Title game, although it would be nice). I wonder what the chances of that happening are going to be? Food for thought.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

It would be great to meet UF or FSU in a bowl ... it would be somewhat of a neutral field, just not even amount of fans  8-)

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Yeah, I think it would be great to meet ANY Florida team on the field... especially within the state.

• Topic Count:  191
  • Content Count:  2,363
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah, I think it would be great to meet ANY Florida team on the field... especially within the state.

Plus it'd be great for those "fans" who come out to bowls or not based on who we're playing.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

I think the best chance would be the Gator vs. F$U, Miami. But yeah thats possible too, and it would really turn out our attendnce.  

• Topic Count:  166
  • Content Count:  9,038
  • Days Won:  1

What sucks is that with a small contingent of travelers, it would be hard to get invited to a big bowl.

WE NEED TO TRAVEL!!!

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I'd like a bigger bowl, but FSU in the Meineke is a good possiblilty with the ACC tie in.  It could be a possibility next year as there is no Navy contract and there may be a drop off from Notre Dame next year for BCS invitation status possibly taking one of our spots.

If we don't win the BE and automatic BCS game, I think the Gator could be a tough one for a couple of years until we get a good traveling fan base.

Regardless, we need to enter next year with one simple goal in mind.  Big East Championship and the BCS game.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

FSU will be very good next year, I think they could win the ACC with the right coaches in there. See the turnaround Tennessee and Michigand had this year with new offensive coaches.

I could see us playing them in the MCCB, however the Gator Bowl will be tough. ND probably will be eligible, as will the BIg 12 option. Maybe they'd be willing to play the in state angle.

However, it is a lil early to start playing this game again.

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532

What sucks is that with a small contingent of travelers, it would be hard to get invited to a big bowl.

WE NEED TO TRAVEL!!!

The KEY.

I am just WAITING for us to get bumped for someone else, bowl wise, for us not having a good attendance record.  It's VERY possible with the way the BE is playing now.  A few too many teams able to go bowling?  Ohh USF?  Whoops...