• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

flood HIS myspace with messages!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479
  • Days Won:  0

I actually think some questions were raised during the Garcia blog, but anyway I dont know if its 1. a good idea b/c of the possible ramifications, and 2. dont want to piss him off because he has a ton of messages from people he doesnt know.

• Topic Count:  137
  • Content Count:  866

Do NOT go there.

What you're doing might be an NCAA Violation, please read below:

You are a representative of athletics interests if any of the following conditions have ever applied to you:

(a) you are, or were, a member of an agency, corporate entity, or other organization promoting USF's intercollegiate athletics program;

(B) you have made financial contributions to the athletics department or to a USF Athletics booster organization;

© You have been requested by the athletics department staff to assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes;

(d) You have assisted in providing benefits to enrolled student-athletes; or

(e)  You are otherwise involved in promoting the USF Athletics program.

If any of these conditions apply to you now, or have ever applied to you in the past, USF is responsible for your compliance with all NCAA rules and regulations.

Anyone who makes inappropriate contact with a recruit is subject to penalties from the program, up to and including "dissociation," which includes sanctions such as removal of season ticket rights and banishment from all program related activities.  

Basically the rule of thumb is always "stay the heck out of recruiting."  If you know of a potential student-athlete, contact one of our coaches directly, do NOT contact them yourself.

If you ever have any questions regarding compliance, you can always call and ask for a member of our compliance staff at 813-974-2125.  

Thank you!

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Let our coaches handle recruiting.  They know what they're doing.  If we don't get this guy, it doesn't mean we can't still win 10 games next year.

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Bah humbum Collin... You're telling me when former Hurricanes talk to recruits in their 'hood that the NCAA is slapping them on the wrist. Talk away fans... just don't pay the kids... Hell, Chris Rainey got paid and he'll still be playing next season! If I see a kid, hell ya I'm telling him how great USF is... now, I'm not into chasing recruits down... but USF conversation is conversation!

The rules are so gray... I wouldn't sweat it.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

Can we please get the link to his page removed off this thread

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I would Sherrif!

The difference between some random person posting trying to get a team in trouble and one of our fans posting is the fact that our fans, if hey have bought a ticket to ANY USF sporting event is considered a booster. When they trace who it is (if they can) and find out they have season tickets to USF then, they are more apt to add more weight to the punishment.

Never initiate contact with a recruit that you do not know on a personal level. I cannot say that enough times over, it only causes a lot of problems.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

It was an innocent idea, but lets not pursue it!  Thanks for the idea though!!!!  :)  Keep up that BULL PRIDE!!

-Gurly

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Now if he chooses UL over us, then let him have it with both barrels!!!

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  997
  • Days Won:  1

Even so, why would you risk it when the chance that you will sway him are so slight. (unless you are a pubescent girl offering to get "crunk" with him)

Its silly but if you still think its a good idea, just weigh the risk/reward issue.