• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Could Grothe getting hurt again....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Why not the 2007 class?  RS next year, then be ready to start as a Junior.  That's the way the big time programs handle it.

I agree 100%.

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

I would love to see Marve come to USF.  If he doesn't however, we have Alton Voss's commitment and I've heard nothing but good things about him.

We will be okay and hopefully Matt won't get banged up the same way next year.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Why not the 2007 class?  RS next year, then be ready to start as a Junior.  That's the way the big time programs handle it.

We're not a "big time" program yet.

Says who.  We're in the upper echelon of the Big East, a major BCS conference.  Therefore, we are "big time".

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

We're not a "big time" program yet.

Says who.  We're in the upper echelon of the Big East, a major BCS conference.  Therefore, we are "big time".

eeeeasy brother.

when usf forces the upper deck to open up at Raymond James, and when we consistently travel 15,000+ to bowl games, and when we actually WIN a conference title(have we done that yet?), then we can talk about being "big time."

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

when usf forces the upper deck to open up at Raymond James, and when we consistently travel 15,000+ to bowl games, and when we actually WIN a conference title(have we done that yet?), then we can talk about being "big time."

Okay, was gonna cross Miami off as being Big Time  8-)

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Miami never won the Big East?! Might wanna check on that...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

Okay, was gonna cross Miami off as being Big Time  8-)

Try thinking  ;)

Miami is "big time" because 1 outta 3 criteria of yours.

Miami does not fill up their top bowl and does not travel 15K + consistantly to ANY games ... they have won a conference title which is why I highlighted that  8-)

I "was gonna cross off Miami" ... until I saw the highlighted part - thought you would understand ...

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

So second place in the state of Florida is not big time?  (Hell, I think we'd give UF a run for their money this season

0.  But knocking off two top 10 teams 2 years in a row?  Yes Virginia, USF has officially hit the big time.

I was thinking this same thing... if Marve was watching, he'd realize he's one play away from being in the game his first season here.  He'd bring something that Grothe absolutely 100% without a doubt needs... competetion.  Competetion is what makes good players get better.  Don't get me wrong, Grothe is great, but he's not superman.  No one is.  

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  403

Alton Voss is competition.  From his game film shown (link is on the recruiting section of this board), Voss looks like a clone of Grothe and will fit in really well here/