• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Mens BBall lose Again

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307
  • Days Won:  1

That "marginal team" knocked off Wisconsin a few weeks ago. You know, the same Wisconsin ranked #7 right now.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

Let the losing begin.  3 losses in a row to some very marginal teams.

"Very marginal teams" ...... This is the kind of cluelessness that gives the Dark Side their bad rep.

How do you even argue with this?  How would you describe Texas A & M CC, UNLV and Missouri State besides marginal?  Decent, sub par, ok, not completely terrible, i guess.  I think marginal fits the best.  It doesnt matter we lose to everyone who has any talent and beat norfolk, stetson and winston salem.  Who have we ever beaten worth anything besides our own usf national championship win over georgetown last year.  please?!?!?!?!

PS Have to agree with Reuben, why do you guys get so defensive.  I mean its the middle of basketball season, we are going to talk bball.  You just get mad because once again there is absolutely nothing good to say about our coach or product on the floor.  He who defends everything defends nothing.  Time to give it up i think everyone has had just about enough of this crappola.  

With that being said, I dont think they should, but I wont be surprised if USF fires mac before the season ends.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Trip, I just don't understand why you get so defensive about the situation.

Good question... I think it's because it makes absolutely no sense to ***** at this point in the season. It doesn't matter what our record is now. We make our bones in Big East play and the team will have a new look for the majority of those games.

The reality is that the program is in shambles;you are smart enough to realize that.

That's your opinion but if you're correct, I guess I'm NOT smart enough ...  

It's bb season and we are not ANY better than last year. No progress at all imo.

Again, your opinion, and you may be correct but I didn't really expect us to be any better until late January anyway.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,660
  • Days Won:  424

Let the losing begin.  3 losses in a row to some very marginal teams.

"Very marginal teams" ...... This is the kind of cluelessness that gives the Dark Side their bad rep.

How do you even argue with this?  How would you describe Texas A & M CC, UNLV and Missouri State besides marginal?  Decent, sub par, ok, not completely terrible, i guess.  I think marginal fits the best.

UNLV and MSSU have Sagarin ratings of 33 and 13, respectively,

hardly subpar or just decent... but don't let facts get in the way.

PS Have to agree with Reuben, why do you guys get so defensive.  I mean its the middle of basketball season, we are going to talk bball.  You just get mad because once again there is absolutely nothing good to say about our coach or product on the floor.

You're not talking bball, you're just regurgitating the same crap about Mac. Have you seen any games since Verdejo and Gransberry have joined the team? What's your opinion of them?

Time to give it up i think everyone has had just about enough of this crappola.

Great idea. Why don't you join dwowarp and just forget about the team for 5-10 games?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

I don't know what to say.  The optimists are just so funny at this point.  

Next up is UAB, then Wake Forest, then Boofoon Cookman, then Big East.

I can't see us winning three more games this year.

Gonna get ugly.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I am not happy with this teams play at all. Howwever, UNLV is probably an NIT team (it will be hard for a 3rd team to get in the nCAA from MWC; Air Force and SDSU are NCAA teams) and Missouri State is a definite NCAA team.

Using the word marginal isn't fair at all.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  114

I can't believe people on this board are so blinded by loyalty that they will defend 3 consecutive losses to Texas AM Corpus Crist, UNLV, Missouri State.

I think that is why this darkside vs. optimists confrontation continues.   The darksiders can't understand how anyone can support these results.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

joementum,

I've completely lost faith in the coaching staff. I have seen the countless threads about how Gansberry and Varejo were going to change this team (yet we're losing in the same manner that we've lost the last few years). I am now listening to many of those people say getting Howard and Zann back is what will right the ship. I am not a darksider, I think both extremes are delusional at this point.

However, if you can look at me and honestly tell me that the UNLV and Missouri State games should have been wins then your blinding yourself with expectations out of their shoes.

I think everyone on this board knows deep down inside that things don't look great, many a huge fans of USF and it klills them to see a thread after EVERY loss reinterating the same things.

Listen I am not one to sayt ******** about your team isn't allowed. However there is a point where it's beating a dead horse. If you want to talk about what went wrong in the game and criticize from there, go ahead. But the constant harping on how "USF deserves better" or "This team is a train wreck" adds nothing to the conversation andf that is what the majority of the darksiders do.

In my book MAC gets til March, if this team doesn't show me something I think it's time to part ways.