• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gransberry & Verdejo.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

Warrick is 6'10... Mattis is 6'6.

If you are saying they are the same, but Warrick is a better shooter, why would they look at Mattis?  

I do think some will look at him, but i don't think he is nba material until he becomes an outside threat.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538
  • Days Won:  0

tampajoe,

Maybe if you change that "GO AWAY, MAC" in your avatar then I would believe that you are not a MAC hater. And didnt state that the current players are not DIV I caliber players (which included Bozeman)?? Dont worry because you will get plenty of times this season to stat that you are right because I dont see USF winning too many games in the BIG EAST this season. Sorry that I snapped at you, but you should never rip on the players like that by saying they are not DIV I caliber players.  I could understand if you stated that they are not BIG EAST caliber players thought. We are not there yet. The future does look much better though with Jesus, Gransberry, Bozeman, and hopefully Howard. I believe they are BIG EAST caliber players.

No problem, people just disagree.  Re: my avatar, I had season's with a buddy last year, and i was just so damned sick, i could puke at those horrific games last year.  having said that, my avatar should be offset by my pics in the contest, so at least, i'm neutral? ha.....my point was that a lot of these guys aren't "well-rounded" athletes, they need to be protected within a system to let them succeed. i'll be glad if verdejo is, glad if grandberry is, but i don't see it in tbuck, or mattis, richardson, capko, etc, good guys, who hustle like hell, but are limited in their skillsets. but not bad guys.  

i do agree the future looks better, but the present couldn't have looked any worse than last year. actually, wins and losses, though important, are on parallel with building the institution of a program - recruiting success, fan support, media support - intangibles i dont' see in mac, AND I EVEN WATCH HIS ROTTEN TV SHOW! if he/we could just get some high school seniors to supplement out ellis island recruiting program, i'd have more hope. hell, who knows, though, i'm still hoping for santa to bring my kids better athleticism so i don't have to fund 4 tuitions , so what do i know..........

ho ho ho

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  43

It was good to see the Bulls roll a mediocre team (Norfolk St.) in a manner befitting a Big East team. Looks like these two can really play, and if any team and coach needed a bit of good luck, it's these guys.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

A couple things:

1 - Why is a man that weighs 270 lbs wearing #1? That's pretty funny...

2 - Check the minutes played in tonights game. How great is it to see that only ONE player played more than 30 min(31) and that NINE players played 10 minutes or more, except 1(who played 7 min).

Did anyone actually see the game? if so, are these legitimate, well-rounded Div 1 players, not like our current guys, god bless them, who aren't exactly prototypes (e.g. McHugh, no outside game, Buck, no physical presence, Capko, no quicks, Richardson, enough said....). Anyone see them play? at least to see interviews, these guys seem to have Div 1 physical assets, at least. Any thoughts?

Whaaa?  No legitimate D 1 players?  Are you on crack or something?  Be more specific will you outside of Capko everyone on our team is a legit D1 player.  In fact some are very good D-1 players.  You're not even being remotely fair saying Buckley has no physical presence.  This guy has had to be our entire perimeter offense, and wing offense for over a year, and yet still has managed to be one of the better defensive rebounders on the team and a solid defender.

McHugh Mattis sure he doesn't have an outside game which slightly limits him but he's an amazing defender, and very sure handed rebounder and scorer inside 10ft.  That's hard to match.

Be fair, there's an enormous drop from D1 to D2 teams in college hoops.  All our basketball players are D1 quality players, and a few are very good D1 players like Buckley and Mattis, but you need quality in depth and flexibility on a roster to be competitive at the BE level.  Verdejo and Gransberry bring that.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I don't get this-- we ***** that we don't have a competitive teambefore the season starts. Then once we get some wins under our belt (as shakey as they may be) the naysayers jump in and say we don't have high enough caliber players-- like the kind on UConn and Pitt.

umm-- UConn and Pitt are top ranked teams. You expect USF to have top ranked caliber players while at the same time telling us CRM is terrible at recruiting? WTF? Very illogical

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

The fact is we are 7 and 1 right now, with a deeper roster than we've had, and with more talent than we've had, in a long time.

Whether our SOS has been low or not doesn't matter right now.  We needed the low SOS because of the lack of depth.  Now the tougher games are about to arrive and we have more depth.  The schedule is absolutely perfect for our team this year... almost identical to the football one.  Easier teams early that you can work out some kinks, and get some experience, and then slowly get tougher until the end of the year we ended playing well against WVU.

We are 7-1... and with the full roster, we are playing well.  We can't ask for any more at this point... lets just see what happens, and support out team.  

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

concur Velcro

I'm not saying USF will dominate or amaze our fans this season. It's possible and we are setup for that to make a stronger run than the past three years. Let's be somewhat optimistic and cheer on the team. It doesn't cost USF fans anything to have a glimmer of hope.

AND NO_--this is not to be construed as some asinine attempt to say CRM should be given a contact extension or saying he is destined for greatness. Only that he has worked hard to build a good team this season. I really get tired of idiot fans who would rather talk crap about USF whenever we lose a game but are no where to be found when we win. And while I agree that we have not beaten anyone very significant (all things considered) so far this year, we are showing sins of improvement and promise. Back your team Bulls fans-- back your team.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

can we begin to hope yet?

Yes, but only a little bit.  ;)

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  387

This is a solid team. Look at how many games were in last year. We lost an NBA player but we may have three future NBA players on the team now.