• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Attendance, Marketing...this already posted?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

I ran into several of my students at the games.  A lot of them came out, I still think the student numbers in this story are wrong.  Basing that on last years numbers, the student section was strong for almost ever game this year

I agree, unless there was a huge surge in non-student season ticket holders in the student section since that section was much more packed then I have seen over the past few years.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I know a few friends that bought tix and sat in the student sections.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

Just out of curiosity...what is meant by term non-revenue tickets, as in:

that included a program-high 3,143 "[highlight]non-revenue[/highlight]" season tickets.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Hey Tom... excuses are like ********. Enjoy your new gig...

Sheriff I have to agree on this one... In my next life when I am in charge of putting butts in seats, I will be walking around the campus daily talking to students and passing out FREE stuff..  When students arrive at the games they will be getting free coupons for Pizza, Wings, burgers to area restaurants... I would also be outside every BUC game before and after the game selling tickets to specific games... Next year perhaps a 3 game package which includes WVU, LVille, and UNC...

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

that included a program-high 3,143 "[highlight]non-revenue[/highlight]" season tickets.

Mentioned this in the original thread on this board:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1165468366;start=all

Majority of non-revenue tix usually end up in a following 3 categories:

1) In-trade services, as in USF will give businesses/sponsors/vendors, etc..."free" tixs...as a reciprocal trade for services rendered.

2) Athletic Dept Tix: Dept gives 4 tix to every player...more to coaches & staff. Also the "recruiting/game-day" visit section falls under this category as well)

3) University Tix: Which can be used for PR services, events, etc...

Others fall into different groups/events...like sponsorships, etc...

USF "sold" about 14,000 USF season tix...but their final season tix total included the "3,143" non-revenue season tix...for a grand total of 17,000 season tix for 2006.

Hope this info helps.

PS. EVERY school does this.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

They don't produce revenue for the team.... given free by the athletic department as a gift or courtesy : a complimentary ticket.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

Sheriff I have to agree on this one... In my next life when I am in charge of putting butts in seats, I will be walking around the campus daily talking to students and passing out FREE stuff..  When students arrive at the games they will be getting free coupons for Pizza, Wings, burgers to area restaurants... I would also be outside every BUC game before and after the game selling tickets to specific games... Next year perhaps a 3 game package which includes WVU, LVille, and UNC...

1) What companies will you line up to donate FREE STUFF?

2) What companies will you have lined up to donate FREE PIZZAS, FREE WINGS, FREE BURGERS, etc...

3) Only an idiot would put WVU & UL games in a 3 game package....if you want to see the BEST games on the schedule (WVU & UL), you make them buy a SEASON TICKET or very expensive single game tix. 

2-3 game packs are usually sold at a discount to help attract attendance to unpopular games (say like Elon & Cinci.)

Might want to pick a new profession in your next life.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,080

Mentioned this in the original thread on this board:

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1165468366;start=all

Majority of non-revenue tix usually end up in a following 3 categories:

1) In-trade services, as in USF will give businesses/sponsors/vendors, etc..."free" tixs...as a reciprocal trade for services rendered.

2) Athletic Dept Tix: Dept gives 4 tix to every player...more to coaches & staff. Also the "recruiting/game-day" visit section falls under this category as well)

3) University Tix: Which can be used for PR services, events, etc...

Others fall into different groups/events...like sponsorships, etc...

USF "sold" about 14,000 USF season tix...but their final season tix total included the "3,143" non-revenue season tix...for a grand total of 17,000 season tix for 2006.

Hope this info helps.

PS. EVERY school does this.

I heard that all UCF tickets are complimentary except for the USF/UCF game ....because no person of sound mind would pay to see the Golden Knights play football.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

1) What companies will you line up to donate FREE STUFF?

2) What companies will you have lined up to donate FREE PIZZAS, FREE WINGS, FREE BURGERS, etc...

3) Only an idiot would put WVU & UL games in a 3 game package....if you want to see the BEST games on the schedule (WVU & UL), you make them buy a SEASON TICKET.  

2-3 game packs are usually sold at a discount to help attract attendance to unpopular games (say like Elon & Cinci.)

Might want to pick a new profession in your next life.

Hey troll boy-  This board is a message board for fans to talk about what ifs... However if you must be a killjoy then go ahead and do your thing!   I am just trying to think out of the box.. I am not leaving my current profession, I am just trying to drum up ways to possibly raise some interest in a GOOD football program ...  It must be tough to wake up a knat fan each day..  If it makes you feel good to come over talk trash and mock what is being said then so be it!    At the end of the day go crawl back to your hole that you call ucf and tell them on your board how smart you are and how dumb we are.... But know this, You will always be looking up to USF and we will always be ahead of you... Your " Idiot"  comment well that is what makes you a ucfer..

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,765
  • Days Won:  3

I guess it never occurred to me that the season ticket tally would be anything

but paying customers. I assumed that the gratis tix were not really counted in

the total for 'season tickets'.