• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

so where are we?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  175

I was thinking about the program and what is going on what with our second bowl game at a so-so new venue with a smaller than average payout and what some feel is a less than attractive opponent.

Where are we as a program I asked myself?

Right where we are supposed to be-- earning our stripes.

It takes bowl games like this to build a reputation. And it is important that stress to all our Bull brethren how great it would be for them to make it to the bowl game. We need to show people we can bring fans. They know we can play football-- more or less -- with the big boys.

So I feel good about the whole thing and hope it all works out. I anticipate a decent crowd from both schools, a good game that is entertaining (and hopefully a win for the Bulls), and some nice press locally since we have plenty of separation from other things going on. If the massively struggling Bucs game that Sunday gets more press than our bowl game-- I will be a little upset. It will afterall be about the only news we see about USF football until the spring time or during signing day.

Anyway-- just thought I'd chime in with those thoughts. The ones who we really need to step it up right now is the Tampa community and our alumni to fill those seats and pick up their end of the deal.

GO BULLS!!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

If you are not happy with where this program is today, something is wrong with you.

This is not saying that we are not expecting a better season in 2007 and beyond. So relax Dark Siders!

It has been only 10 years and we are on the verge of great things happening.

People can say we "lucked" our way to the Big East, but this program showed it was competitive and the school stepped up and build a GREAT Facility. These were strong factors that had nothing to do with luck.

I would say the biggest piece missing is a larger fan base ... history has shown that it will take time. If alums are not coming now, there is no amount of marketing to get them to come. We are now depending on current and recent students - OUR TARGET ! and the bandwagon fans will come soon.

Go BULLS !!!

I was thinking about the program and what is going on what with our second bowl game at a so-so new venue with a smaller than average payout and what some feel is a less than attractive opponent.

Where are we as a program I asked myself?

Right where we are supposed to be-- earning our stripes.

It takes bowl games like this to build a reputation. And it is important that stress to all our Bull brethren how great it would be for them to make it to the bowl game. We need to show people we can bring fans. They know we can play football-- more or less -- with the big boys.

So I feel good about the whole thing and hope it all works out. I anticipate a decent crowd from both schools, a good game that is entertaining (and hopefully a win for the Bulls), and some nice press locally since we have plenty of separation from other things going on. If the massively struggling Bucs game that Sunday gets more press than our bowl game-- I will be a little upset. It will afterall be about the only news we see about USF football until the spring time or during signing day.

Anyway-- just thought I'd chime in with those thoughts. The ones who we really need to step it up right now is the Tampa community and our alumni to fill those seats and pick up their end of the deal.

GO BULLS!!

I don't think I could have said it better myself.

I nominate this post for the Hall of Fame.  Some here may disagree, but it embodies a true Green and Gold spirit.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

I would say the biggest piece missing is a larger fan base ...

Not to give excuses, but with all of the competition around the Tampa Bay area, It's hard to create fans...  We have the Bucs (who suck) The Rays (Who suck worse) and the Lightning all right here in one place, It kinda thins out the "off the street" crowd and potential fans...  What NEEDS to be done is if you're an Alumni, bring someone with you to a game and create fans one by one...

What NEEDS to be done is if you're an Alumni, bring someone with you to a game and create fans one by one...

We did that... brought a friend to one game and now he wants to be added to our season ticket group.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

Agree - Hall of Fame post!

Hope to see everyone in Birmingham.

GO BULLS!

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

I still think we need to find the "mythical list" of those who are waiting for Bucs season tickets... I would mail them season ticket information 2-3 times a year...  I also think we need to set realistic goals... 2007 20,000 season tickets 2008 23,000 2009 25,000 2010 30,000 and on.....

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  104
  • Days Won:  0

I still think we need to find the "mythical list" of those who are waiting for Bucs season tickets... I would mail them season ticket information 2-3 times a year...  I also think we need to set realistic goals... 2007 20,000 season tickets 2008 23,000 2009 25,000 2010 30,000 and on.....

20,000 season tickets?...How many did USF sell last year?...Just curious