• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Convoy Take offs...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Wow! There's a lot of morning people on this board.  My group's not leaving until late morning (maybe even noon).  I'm fine with it as long as we get there in time for some BBQ dinner and nightlife/drinks.

T'Bull, the reason for early morn is so we can check in right at 3pm and chill/take a nap til the supper hrs because the next day will be up at 7:30am, breakfast, pep rally at 9:30-10ish, Bowl game for 3 1/2  hrs and then back on the road for 9 hrs.  The 23rd is gonna be a long day.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Wow! There's a lot of morning people on this board.  My group's not leaving until late morning (maybe even noon).  I'm fine with it as long as we get there in time for some BBQ dinner and nightlife/drinks.

It's about a 10 hour drive so you should be able to hit the night life, but I don't know about the BBQ dinner.

See ya in b'ham!

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

You want BBQ, better hit the road no later than 7:30 AM EST... you'll gain an hour crossing into Central Time, so that gives you 11.5 hours to get to B'Ham in time for the Dreamland BBQ extravaganza!

Guest r_to_the_izzo

Other than the speed traps, 19 is the way to go (if your in the Pinellas area). Again, any convoys from the campus?

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

It's about a 10 hour drive so you should be able to hit the night life, but I don't know about the BBQ dinner.

See ya in b'ham!

10 hour drive?  Gene I thought you people knew how to drive a bit quicker than that!

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  188

I live in Pinellas and I just ran a map quest from my house and also Rand McNally directions.   Here are the results.

Map Quest has you going I75 - 627 miles with an estimated travel time of 9 hours and 36 minute.

Rand McNally has you going US 19 - 556 miles with an estimated time of   10 hours and 25 minute.

US 19 is shorter in miles but longer in time, from Pinellas County.

I live in Pinellas and I just ran a map quest from my house and also Rand McNally directions.   Here are the results.

Map Quest has you going I75 - 627 miles with an estimated travel time of 9 hours and 36 minute.

Rand McNally has you going US 19 - 556 miles with an estimated time of   10 hours and 25 minute.

US 19 is shorter in miles but longer in time, from Pinellas County.

That is based on the speed limits ... not including construction in South GA and/or traffic in and around Atlanta.

I really don't see how 70 more miles is still one hour less, tho.

Both ways will probably take about the same amount of time - so it's six of one and half dozen of the other.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,113
  • Days Won:  1

Hey ApplePJ we are part of the crowd leaving from Bulls Outfitters, last week the count was up to around 25 people.  We got ourselves a convoy. Don't forget those CBs if you all have one!!!  Great to talk amongst the fans!  Any questions check with Bulls Outfitters for directions!!!  We will be flying the colors loud & proud!!! ;D :D:)

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  695

Just what we have always wanted a convoy of BULLS to the BOWL in BIRMINGHAM!  I will check with AAA next week and see what the status is on construction for our route.  Here we come with CB's, and our green and gold!