• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Convoy Take offs...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  3,030
  • Days Won:  2

why are yall going the 19 route, im leaving st pete around 500 am but planned on going the 75 route.....am i missing something? Is 19 shorter, seems there would be more traffic lights?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

19 becomes a ghost town once you get out of Crystal River... 55 the whole way, few traffic lights.  It's a good road trip.

• Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  1,400
  • Days Won:  0

yeah but you can go 70 plus on I75

and on 19 you have to worry about all the cops in the rinky dink towns along the way

I dont get why go that way either

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

yeah but you can go 70 plus on I75

and on 19 you have to worry about all the cops in the rinky dink towns along the way

I dont get why go that way either

I travelled that way to bama last time... Final result...  Maybe there was a 10 minute difference..

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,470
  • Days Won:  25

T-Man, where in Pasco are you meeting?

why are yall going the 19 route, im leaving st pete around 500 am but planned on going the 75 route.....am i missing something? Is 19 shorter, seems there would be more traffic lights?

If you're going from St. Pete than 19 is definitely WAY shorter.  Think about how far EAST you have to go from St. Pete to catch I-75... you would be better off taking the Veteran's & Suncoast Parkway (to skip around the US 19 mess in Pasco County), and then taking 19.

There isn't much difference, except that the I-75 route takes you through Atlanta, which is one of the worst cities in America for traffic problems... and if you leave too late, you could be caught traffic leaving work early on the Friday before Christmas.

Just some things to consider.

Also, while there are a few small towns along 19 -- they aren't that bad.  The speed limit is 65 for most of the way and you really only have to slow down in a couple of areas once you get past Crystal River.  The US 231 route slows down in Dothan, AL and again near Troy... but it's also fairly wide open.

It's probably a wash for those coming from Tampa and points east of the Bay area... but for Pinellas County and West Pasco Bulls -- I strongly urge you to consider the taking 19 to I-to to US 231.

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

From my house to hotel 517 miles...  I think it is a bit longer the other way!

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

We have a group leaving at 5 am on Friday from BullsOutfitter to caravan to Birmingham.  We are leaving loud and proud with our cars sporting all kinds of USF BULLS stuff! ;D :);):o 8-) ::)

75 or US19 route?  I have to pick Kyle up at 5:30am by USF.  I'd be interested in latching on to a group.  Anyone gonna be passing the USF exit at 5:40ish or leaving from the USF area?

• Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  358

Wow! There's a lot of morning people on this board.  My group's not leaving until late morning (maybe even noon).  I'm fine with it as long as we get there in time for some BBQ dinner and nightlife/drinks.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  341

19 becomes a ghost town once you get out of Crystal River... 55 the whole way, few traffic lights.  It's a good road trip.

and in crystal river you get to drive by the nuclear power plant...exciting (i'm from citrus county...there's not much around there so that's as exciting as it gets)