• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Devil Rays

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4
  • Days Won:  0

Will the Devil Rays trade Crawford or Baldelli for pitching?

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  958

whatever the rays do, it will be stupid.

thats all they do, is stupid stuff, and lose.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,569
  • Days Won:  423

Will the Devil Rays trade Crawford or Baldelli for pitching?

If they trade Crawford, they better get a recent Cy Young award winner in return.... I'd hate to see Baldelli go buto trade Crawfprd would be effing disastrous.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Agreed trip.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

They will keep Carl. Rocco has been good, but not the stud 25-25 or better that was expected (injuries a huge factor of course). Baldelli is replacable.

• Topic Count:  410
  • Content Count:  19,525
  • Days Won:  24

Both are replaceable.  Delmon Young isn't, but those two are only somewhat above average.  The Rays need big-time pitching to compete.

• Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,261

whoah...did you just call Carl Crawford "somewhat above average"??? :o ::) ****...

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  4

I believe he did say Carl was "somewhat above average" and I am going to have to disagree w/ that.  He has easily been a catalyst on the basis and a good fielder as well.  I was looking @ today's TBT and the other players they feel are expendable are . . .  Cantu, Upton, Wigginton.  What do you guys think the possible deals are regarding those players?

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Both are replaceable.  Delmon Young isn't, but those two are only somewhat above average.  The Rays need big-time pitching to compete.

Crawford is only "somewhat above average"? You need to go sit in the corner and be quite while the adults talk baseball.  Crawford is a 5 tool player and is the best player the Rays have (although you could make a case for kaz).  All of the other three are pretty much expendable (wigg, upton, cantu) because of all the depth we have in the minors.  Im REALLY excited about the Longoria (evan not eva even though she does get me excited too  ;)  )  and i think he will be starting at ss by mid season or maybe even 3b if that japenese product doesnt work out.  The rays seem to be building the way the marlins did in their last world series run, suffer get alot of VERY good prospects wait for them to come up to the majors add a few key verterans via free agency and make a good run.  The future is bright for the rays if they can get some pitching in here.