• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

LSU to Rose Bowl

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Tiger fans are rabid.  Believe me, I went there for two years.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I remeber the story of the guy from LSU who buys like 10,000 sugar bowl tickets a year through LSU.

Highly unlikely that ANYONE has the access through a single university to buy that number of tickets to a BCS bowl a year.  Believe me, it was tough getting a ticket to the Sugar Bowl when LSU won the national championship a couple years ago.  Demand heavily exceeded supply.  Between 150 and 250K fans tailgate each week at Tiger Stadium, which only holds 92K people.  There are some serious parties...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ya, but regardless, tickets are distributed to boosters 1st.

Further, LSU has always brought the fans in mass. I don't think the Rose Bowl will have a problem if a few tickets are scammers, it happens all the time.

I think LSU will get 40,000 out to the Rose Bowl, bringing a "Texas" like crowd that impressed the Rose Bowl in 2005 when they were selected as an at large.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  821

Some day this could be USF, but it will take time and a series of BE titles.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

I dunno, everyone seems to be reporting it's a done deal. I guess we'll see Sunday night.

What else are they going to report.  The Rose Bowl cannot officially do that the BCS is a coalition and the pool of teams must be announced before the Rose Bowl can make their pick.  They can say that if LSU is available that's who they'll pick, but they cannot say for certain because LSU isn't for certain going to be eligible in 3 days!

As for the tickets, they haven't bought those they simply have 32k in commitments so they say.  Everyone can call the LSU athletic office and take a commitment but it doesn't mean they have to or are going to buy those tickets.  Hell, the Rose Bowl probably isn't going to give each team 30k tickets initially.  I would be surprised if each team got more than 25k a piece.  Most bowls already have over 70% of the bowl tixs committed to sponsors, and local institutions.

Take the Outback Bowl for instance, right now the only real tickets they have available for the bowl are the 15k a piece they have alloted for each team.  The remainder have already been spoken for to corporate sponsors and local institutions and contacts.  

As for the tickets, they haven't bought those they simply have 32k in commitments so they say.  Everyone can call the LSU athletic office and take a commitment but it doesn't mean they have to or are going to buy those tickets.

No, the commitment requires a credit card.  When the bowl is announced, they run all the credit card commitments for the applicable bowl game.  LSU does this EVERY year.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

Hell, the Rose Bowl probably isn't going to give each team 30k tickets initially.  I would be surprised if each team got more than 25k a piece.    

SB...yes...in the past...some teams received over 30,000 tix each for Rose Bowl Games.

Here's are some articles about past allotments for Rose Bowl Games

http://archives.thedaily.washington.edu/2000/120500/S2.Huskyticke.html

http://www.centralohio.com/ohiostate/stories/20030115/football/780220.html

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

I remeber the story of the guy from LSU who buys like 10,000 sugar bowl tickets a year through LSU.

Highly unlikely that ANYONE has the access through a single university to buy that number of tickets to a BCS bowl a year.  Believe me, it was tough getting a ticket to the Sugar Bowl when LSU won the national championship a couple years ago.  Demand heavily exceeded supply.  Between 150 and 250K fans tailgate each week at Tiger Stadium, which only holds 92K people.  There are some serious parties...

I think it was more like 1500 and there was a big stink about it the year they went to the sugar bowl. he had some kind of connection through LSU though and had done it for years.

If he did it for years, then he didn't get the tickets through LSU.  LSU has only played in the Sugar Bowl twice in the past decade.  You can only get tickets through a university for the bowl they are playing in.  He may have been doing it each year through the bowl game itself in anticipation of LSU playing there in the future, or to lock up the opportunity to have tickets for a national championship game.  I know some folks that did that in small quantities.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Ya, but regardless, tickets are distributed to boosters 1st.

Further, LSU has always brought the fans in mass. I don't think the Rose Bowl will have a problem if a few tickets are scammers, it happens all the time.

I think LSU will get 40,000 out to the Rose Bowl, bringing a "Texas" like crowd that impressed the Rose Bowl in 2005 when they were selected as an at large.

they are distributed to boosters first but they list a number you can call to preorder tickets through LSU in the paper. that was the reason they have sold 32,000.

funny they get excited for 6500 to a basketball game when their team is top 10. I bet USF would blow that away if we had a top ten team.