• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Commercial

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  226
  • Content Count:  3,574
  • Days Won:  0

Both are pretty bad.

Not as bad as the one that they used today.

The one that they played against Cinci is light years better than the one today.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  1,027
  • Days Won:  2

If you think our commercials are bad, what about that Big East promo?  It's a total disgrace!  Watching it, you would think our conference only had the three teams shown.  How about representing all school equally?  At least the old C-USA spots had the good sense to give all members face time.

Bear in mind that USF administration has put a very very very high priority on research -- and the commercial reflects that...

The other one they had to start the year looked like a community college commercial - but at least it had students and showed off the campus.

The person to whom to is:

Karla Willman, Director, Marketing

(813) 974-9047, kwillman@admin.usf.edu

Share your thoughts... give constructive criticism... telling her "it sucks" won't help much.

• Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

The biggest problem I have with it is if you don't know USF well then the commercial really makes no sense to you.  If you already know USF, well the commercial really isn't for you.  

I think the commercial is awful and will gladly donate for an improved commercial.  If we cannot get an improved commercial, I would prefer no commercial, it really is that bad.

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  280

Bear in mind that USF administration has put a very very very high priority on research -- and the commercial reflects that...

The other one they had to start the year looked like a community college commercial - but at least it had students and showed off the campus.

I don't even think that the content is the problem. I agree we have invested a lot in research, but the commercials themselves lack quality production. They look like some free high school project.

It's exciting that we're growing and the quality of USF is rising at a high rate, but its constantly discouraging that we drop the ball on so many little things that are necessary to attract the top quality students that we aim for, like a commercial that is shown during athletic events on national TV.

For another example...see our usf.edu homepage. For a site that was recently re-done...it's been done wrong.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I don't even think that the content is the problem. I agree we have invested a lot in research, but the commercials themselves lack quality production. They look like some free high school project.

It's exciting that we're growing and the quality of USF is rising at a high rate, but its constantly discouraging that we drop the ball on so many little things that are necessary to attract the top quality students that we aim for, like a commercial that is shown during athletic events on national TV.

For another example...see our usf.edu homepage. For a site that was recently re-done...it's been done wrong.

The whole university has a bit of a advertisement problem. To be completely honest, I had never heard of USF until the end of my junior year in highschool, and I live in Jacksonville. My friend told me about it, so I applied and visited and loved it. When I told my guidance counselor where I intended to go, she said "oh Miami is a wonderful city." I replied with "It's in Tampa". She said "Really, I had forgotten that."

The university as a whole, academics, athletics, research, need to work harder at getting our name out, especially in our own state.

• Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  152

I am from the space coast of Florida and prior to 2004 I never knew USF existed until my friend Ken(astrobull) told me about it.  After I did some research and visited campus I realized that USF was a growth stock in a bull market.  Words don’t describe how thankful I am for having a friend that told me how great it is to be a bull.  USF has far exceeded my expectations in every aspect.

I as far press goes on the space coast the Florida Today gives USF very little.  Only when USF plays UCF or we get a big upset will we get some, even then we only get a small spot on the last page.  

• Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  280

Here's one commercial for USF-Sarasota...seems ok

http://www.sarasota.usf.edu/PublicAffairs/Documents/USFBrand.htm

This commercial is still not up to par in my mind. Even if it is a large cost to bring in a professional crew to do it right, the dividends that we will realize as a result of changing the perception of our school will more than make up for the costs.

To be quite honest, I didn't realize the true value that USF has to offer until I went there and graduated. I had the opportunity in Tampa to work for a well known company throughout college while maintaining and high GPA. When it came time to interview for a real job, I beat out candidates from much more prestigious schools because of my grades and applicable experience. This is an extreme competitive advantage that we have at USF compared to other college towns that can’t always offer such job opportunities and that message is not relayed to future candidates who might consider attending USF.

Don’t ever underestimate the power of aesthetics. That’s also why a lot of people care about changing our uniforms, because it changes how people view us, as silly and trivial as it sounds. Simple things like a classy looking website, or a well thought out commercial go a long way in establishing credibility. And only then, will we truly turn into the University that we know we are.

• Topic Count:  84
  • Content Count:  1,479

I agree, we have more of a perception vs. reality problem. I've known people who start out with the opinion "I dont want to go to USF", but if they take the campus visit or find out more realize how great the university is.