• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The State of Bulls Basketball

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

Have patience.  

It will take Coach Mcullum time to build his program after gutting out the rot left by Seth (used car salesman) Greenberg.  

I thought they played tough all year last year, but it just seemed to come down to depth (or lack therof).  This may be an interesting season... on the downside, you won't be facing any tougher competetion in college hoops than the Big East.    

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

bandwagon...anyone on board?

darksiders?

go mac!

i hope we avoid the injury bug this year?

any word on zaron cann?

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

How can you say Seth left us in a rut? He was .500 or better every year leading to his departure. He's proving his worth at VaTech also... sometimes I wonder about these comments. Most of us would pray to have a similar record to what Seth had us at...

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i guess the price of loyality is the same as about 20 large pizzas...

seth is on his way out at va tech....

and Mattis is going to be another USF player in the NBA.

you get drafted on defense...unless you are a superstar.

mattis can play defense with the best of them.....just think ak-47....mattis is the same type of player.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  749
  • Days Won:  1

AHHH Seth...he left us with a bunch of me guys who Coach M had to weed out.  Do you remember 8 man teams?  Seth had BB and Altron and couldn't get over the hump.  Great recruiter...weak finisher.  Jury still out on Coach M, but at least we will win more than one in the Big East this year.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I've been impressed so far with the way we are winning.  We are beating the lesser teams the way a Big East team is supposed to be winning.  However, we need to be good as a Big East caliber team not a Sun Belt team.  Call me a darksider if you wish, but of course we'll be better than the last 2 years.  You couldn't get any worse.  The true measure of the team will be when we start playing decent teams and get into conference play.  II'm impressed so far, but the jury's still out.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I've been impressed so far with the way we are winning.  We are beating the lesser teams the way a Big East team is supposed to be winning.  However, we need to be good as a Big East caliber team not a Sun Belt team.  Call me a darksider if you wish, but of course we'll be better than the last 2 years.  You couldn't get any worse.  The true measure of the team will be when we start playing decent teams and get into conference play.  II'm impressed so far, but the jury's still out.

I would agree with this assessment. I think it is fair.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

I've only watched one game(FIU) and from what I've read as well, the thing I like the most is this year's team has the ability to score and create turnovers. Every single possesion doesnt seem like life or death anymore.

Guest BasketBull.

The key this year will be chemistry and depth. What I saw the other night was really good team chemistry, which is good so early in the season.

Look, we had SoJo, an NBA player, and we couldn't make the Garden... No depth last year.

Hopefully, with Verdejo and Gransberry in the lineup, USF can knock off some Big East teams.

We've finally got players this year:

Verdejo, Buckley, Gransberry, Mattis, Bozeman, Saaka, Capko, Richardson, and Aris = 9 

Add in Howard and Cann at some point and that's good depth.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

conference play is all that matters

the rest is window dressing

Ah the voice of reality.  Especially with our out of conference schedule.  

I cant speak for everyone but as a so called darkside I never jumped off the "bandwagon" (not sure we ever had a product to be considered a bandwagon), I am at most if not all the games, can that be said about some of you guys?

Usfgrad says it well, of course we will be better than the last few years, couldnt get much worse.  What I have seen so far is that in th big east point guard play is key.  That being said, I like Cap but he is way to tentative with the ball, scared to make mistakes and scared to shoot.  Bozeman looks good, looks like he has a knack for finding open guys and leading the floor.  

I think when we hit BE play we will have some serious problems at the big man position.  Versus S. Carolina state they were dominating us in the 1st half on the boards and im sure their forwards werent big time recruits.  The jury is still out lets not get ahead of ourselves. So far so good.  

herm - not anti mac, just pro usf bball