• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum Quotes

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

I think it's only fair for us to wait and see what this team looks like in jan and feb, when the roster is full and hopefully healthy.

I think the bb season starts in November, not Jan and Feb. The games we play now count.

Maybe you should contact the NCAA and see if they'll allow USF special permission to play transfers a month earlier than the rest of the country. Tell me what kind of response you get.

Bottom line is that McCullum, or any coach in his position at the time, had to take a step backwards before they could move the program forward. If you cant see that, then I'm wasting my time.

If you remember, last year the only thing that kept this team from winning those close games(and there were lots of them) was depth.

Depth was not the only problem, that's ridiculous. Just b/c you can hang with BE teams for 20-30 minutes, doesn't mean depth is your only problem.

Of course it's not the only problem! But, as Velcro said, it was the MAIN problem. How can you honestly look at this roster and not think that the added depth wont improve the overall play of the team?!

The team simply ran out of gas, playing a 6 or 7 man rotation against the teams that go 9,10,11 deep on their bench, in the best conference in the country. Again, if you cant see that, I'm wasting my time.

Shoop, ... and I don't remember you throwing Coach under the bus last year..... "Mac" and "Pat" do sound alike, though. Maybe there's where they got confused.  ;)

;D

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
Maybe you should contact the NCAA and see if they'll allow USF special permission to play transfers a month earlier than the rest of the country. Tell me what kind of response you get.

Or, maybe we should have our players on the roster at the beginning of the season. It seems as though you are always looking for excuses for Mac.

I'm not anti-Mac, I'm pro USF BB. I hope he gets it done; but I'm not going to give him a free pass on this kind of stuff.

If you remember, last year the only thing that kept this team from winning those close games(and there were lots of them) was depth.

Of course it's not the only problem!

Which one is it?

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Its ok Reub, Shoop is one of those guys that just goes with the wind.  the overall acceptance of the board is to fire rod smith, so he jumps on the bandwagon and becomes the head honcho on the campaign.  

But anyone who has more than 5 brain cells can make a much better case to fire mccullum over rod smith, but the overall concensus of the board, for some strange/brainwashed reason wants mac to stay.  The brainwashing comes from big brother usf athletic department.  By shrugging off the whole basketball program as a whole since as long as i have been here (1997).  If they dont care either do our fans so excuses will be made and losing will continue.

Fire Rod Smith, keep Robert McCullum.   too funny.  

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

7-42 in conferece play over his tenure.

1 road conference win in 3 years.

he hasn't made the conference tourn 2 of the 3 years he has been here

we lost to Bethune Cookman and Texas AM Corpus Cristi.

Our average attedance is about 3500.

I have to compliment you on your loyalty and optimisim.  I wish i had a tenth of what you had....but part of me thinks you guys are delusional.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

I think if CRM can win 10 games ya gotta keep him one more season 'cuz he'll have 4 returning starters as long as Gransberry returns.  Guard depth will be the best USF has ever known.  If ya fire him, you have a buyout, players defect again and the new head coach starts all over needing 3 seasons to have a .500 or above record.  So its a huge gamble to fire him after this season but after 2008 if there isn't any NIT then ya give him the boot.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

didn't we have this SAME argument last year.  

This same "give him another year to build.."

This is not about building though.  It's about the opportunity.  Next season CRM's players...that's players...will have one to two seasons in the system.  It will be the first time CRM has had that and it's the best shot at any post season in 5-6 yrs.  Are ya willing to throw that away so you can delay it 2-3 more yrs?  No...I hope ya wouldn't.  I don't wanna wait.  CRM has proven he can coach.  He has Top 25 victories and he has gone deeper in a conference tourney than any coach since Bobby Paschal in the Sun Belt in 1990(?).  BTW. Smith doesn't deserve being fired anymore.

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

Why did this get moved?! This isnt "general" or "tampa bay"...

Oh, and isnt it interesting that all 3 personalities posted consecutively, exactly 6 minutes apart from each other?

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

it moved because it was turning into a bashing thread rather than anything constructive.  Perhaps it belongs in mad cow, but since all the other Huggins lovin/mac bashing threads are on this board, i figured it fits right in.

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
Why did this get moved?! This isnt "general" or "tampa bay"...

Oh, and isnt it interesting that all 3 personalities posted consecutively, exactly 6 minutes apart from each other?

Exactly 6 minutes apart??? Nice observation Sherlock.  ::)

If Mac doesn't make it to MSG, AND look good there; it's time to move on. He might be a great coach, but he's not producing, and it's all about producing. No excuses.  This is the BE, we need to get out of the guttter.