• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

McCullum Quotes

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,575
  • Days Won:  423

Now, as for your statement about his recruiting, I think it's only fair for us to wait and see what this team looks like in jan and feb, when the roster is full and hopefully healthy.

If you remember, last year the only thing that kept this team from winning those close games(and there were lots of them) was depth. Any improvement in talent along with the additional depth could make this team a very competitive team that may....just may....make the Big East tournament *gasp*.....

Shoop, you'll soon learn that intelligent, accurate posts like these have absolutely no effect on these "guys" ..... and I don't remember you throwing Coach under the bus last year..... "Mac" and "Pat" do sound alike, though. Maybe there's where they got confused.  ;)

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rueben_Horowitz

I think it's only fair for us to wait and see what this team looks like in jan and feb, when the roster is full and hopefully healthy.

I think the bb season starts in November, not Jan and Feb. The games we play now count.

If you remember, last year the only thing that kept this team from winning those close games(and there were lots of them) was depth.

Depth was not the only problem, that's ridiculous. Just b/c you can hang with BE teams for 20-30 minutes, doesn't mean depth is your only problem.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

i cant stand these negative posts about USF.

i can handle not wearing green and gold glasses but when your only posts are to trash someone you need to go.

the 3 "wise" men......we are better without you.  go to the rivals board.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

by the way....in jan we will have our 2 best players.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

I think it's only fair for us to wait and see what this team looks like in jan and feb, when the roster is full and hopefully healthy.

I think the bb season starts in November, not Jan and Feb. The games we play now count.

If you remember, last year the only thing that kept this team from winning those close games(and there were lots of them) was depth.

Depth was not the only problem, that's ridiculous. Just b/c you can hang with BE teams for 20-30 minutes, doesn't mean depth is your only problem.

We hung with TOP Big East teams for 39.59 minutes with our lack of depth.

Its not the only problem, but it is THE main problem and that will not be the main problem come Dec 17th, only a few weeks away.

The other problems are solved by finding ways to win now, which will help recruiting in the future.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

i can handle not wearing green and gold glasses but when your only posts are to trash someone you need to go.

Awww do you not like me?  guy, I am never negative about the usf football team, because we are not horrendous at football.  I am sorry i feel as an alumni embarassed that our basketball program has went 1-15 in conference 2 of the last 3 years, but I think anyone in their right mind would be, except you assuming you are in your right mind.  

Awww do you not like me?  guy, I am never negative about the usf football team, because we are not horrendous at football. I am sorry i feel as an alumni embarassed that our basketball program has went 1-15 in conference 2 of the last 3 years, but I think anyone in their right mind would be, except you assuming you are in your right mind.  

And what happened in that other season?  We beat Huggin's Bearcats in CUSA tourney our final year there and finished at 14 wins and 16 losses, one win from both NIT eligibility, and also one win from the NCAA tourney... and further than we had made it since the early 90's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/teamsched?teamId=58&seasonYear=2005

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Yea lets forget about the 1-15 conference records 2 years for another losing season in CUSA at 14-16.  Velcro you should have made that argument if the other season we went 18-13.  PS stop with the huggins with me.  Ive said a million times im not a huge fan of huggins, stop bringing him up, especially if you are trying to compare him to mac.  No one outside of usf knows who mac is.  The comparison is not fair to your favorite man in the world.  

I'm not bringing him up except to show that that season was a decent season for a rebuilding team.  You guys always like to disregard the facts.  Yes, we've struggled and there have been reasons for that, some Mac's fault, some that we had no control over... but the fact is that Mac can flat out coach some pretty **** good coaches even despite the lack of talent we have had.  We need to get more talent in here, and that is happening now.  Between those two things, things are going to improve.  Keep living in your little world of hate.  We were one win from the NCAA tourney beating two ranked teams, and another tourney team in the process, but that means nothing.  If that means nothing, then neither does the 1/15 conference season that was riddled with injury.  You can't say one matters and the other doesn't.  Well YOU can... but no one cares what the trio says.  Your opinions lost weight around here quickly... but at least you instigate debate ::)

Guest Rueben_Horowitz
 the fact is that Mac can flat out coach some pretty **** good coaches

Could you explain further?? Oh wait, being "pretty **** good" is relative, right?

no one cares what the trio says.  Your opinions lost weight around here quickly... but at least you instigate debate ::)

No one cares what the trio says?  :'(

I like you...You like me??

Rueb ~ Courageously fighting for a better USF bb program.