• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Watson and Chambers Dismissed from Team

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  172

Leavitt has really been working on instilling better discipline in the program.  Now, if that could just distill down into the number of flags we're getting per game...

not sure this will translate to less penalties and bone head moves on field I don't see how those things have anything to do with the situation in the first place, Mr. Expert

these guys must have failed a drug test and leavitt's hand was forced

leavitt isnt the great disciplinarian even though he has a nice size dog house if you get him mad jeebus-- you contradict yourself in the same sentence

where would you get idea leavitt is trying to instill better discipline?

hope Brad sees this

thin ice, imo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,473
  • Days Won:  25

Sr. leading by a sample or an example. Watson failed at both. Was he leading Chambers? If so, carcinogen is as good a decription as any.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,673
  • Days Won:  29

With only two regular-season games remaining, Watson's dismissal equals the new penalty under the school's substance-abuse policy for a second positive test, a two-game suspension.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the new policy take place next year ?

It would still be a 6 game suspension for 2nd offense this season.

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757
  • Days Won:  0

With only two regular-season games remaining, Watson's dismissal equals the new penalty under the school's substance-abuse policy for a second positive test, a two-game suspension.

Either way, it's just blind speculation by McMurphy again...

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

Without specifically saying so, Leavitt suggested in his weekly news conference that the dismissals were related to academics, not going to class as they need to. I had thought about the possibility of Watson having something that would trigger a two-game suspension, but wouldn't they let him play in the bowl game after the next two games if that was the case? I'll post more on the blog later ...

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,714
  • Days Won:  424

I believe it's in place now. The reason the three got the six games was because they failed before the current policy went into effect. They appealed and lost to get it cut to two games if I remember correctly.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

My views on this are well known.  I don't believe that this is an adequate punishment for scholarship athletes.  The University invested a lot of resources in these two.  The only place the University can recoup that investment is on the field.  Punish the hell out of them.  Have them perform community service, void their scholarship for their last semester, run them until they can't stand anything but taking a loss on the investment.  

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying this just about USF, but in my opinion the industry as a whole is using the wrong approach.  A lot of money is invested in these athletes, they are not kids, and the school should be able to recoup that investment.

And the poor schools do not make any money off the athletes

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

1) I vote smazza stays. It's a free country, and we all CHOOSE to read his posts. If we dont like them, we dont have to read them. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and if we had a board full of E.T.'s, it would get real boring real quick.

2) I want to also chime in on the actual TOPIC of this post, as well.... I think everyone should reserve judgement until we know FACTS. We should probably all trust the judgement of those who DO know, ie: Jim Leavitt.

It's unfair to say anything until we know what happened. What we CAN speculate on, is how it affects the next 2 football games.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

I guess I keep hoping that The Sheriff will grow up someday.   ;)

Awwww c'mon what would the BullsPen be like without The Sheriff as he is?!

Besides, he's often a voice of common sense in a cyber world of lofty Green & Gold speculations.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

I'm not too shocked about Chambers.....

What I was shocked about was that during the Syracuse game, the announcer listed Chambers as having a 3.0GPA?!?!?!

Yeah, I guess the announcer was smoking Jackie's stash.