• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Is Matt Grothe the best quarterback in Florida?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,088
  • Content Count:  8,158
  • Days Won:  3

Sadly we will never see Grothe vs Tebow.  It will be missed by one season.

Sugar bowl, baby!

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Sadly we will never see Grothe vs Tebow.  It will be missed by one season.

Sugar bowl, baby!

Now that would be something in '07.  Playing for the NC.  Wow!

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Grothe is hands down the most exciting QB to watch in the state of Florida. Leak is ok, but I dont think he does enough with his legs to hang with Grothe. Tebow is a good runner, but he has struggled at the passing game when given his chance. I wouldnt trade Grothe for any QB in the nation right now, not even Ohio St's Troy Smith.

You wouldnt trade him for troy smith? LOL thats funny.  You are part of the .00001% in the country on that one.  I hate this phrase but take the green n gold shades off my friend.  

I would say leak, grothe then tebow.  Next year it will be close vs tebow and grothe.  The only thing i like more about tebow is he can run around and through you.  But either one of them would work to head a successful football team, now just fill in the blanks around mg and you have a future.  

Herm, I live in Ohio and see Troy play every week.  I have also seen Grothe play just about every game this year.  Hands down, I take Grothe.  His decision making is superior and his accuracy is superior.  Smith is a little more explosive as a runner but that is about it.  Take off the negative glasses and realize that we have one of the best QB's in the nation at this point.  Like Sherrif, I believe that Grothe will lead us to have a part in what happens regarding the NC game in a couple of years.  Get with the program dude.

LOL! Get with the program "dude".  No problem braa

Negative glasses?  Where in my post do you see me being negative.  Because i think it is a terrible comparison for someone to say they would take grothe over troy smith, the Qb of the #1 team in the country and the top candidate for heisman.  Sometimes people have to realize what they post, i like grothe just as much as anyone but im not going to say he is better than the best qb in the nation.  I mean SAY THAT OUT LOUD AND HEAR yourself speak and then get back to me.  Wow you guys are sensitive.  You and the sherrif can hope to compete for the NC (only if all our starters were as good as grothe) while i'll hope and watch us crack the top 25 with mg.  

herman would take melvin buckley over JJ reddick any day of the week because he goes to usf hahahaha.  You say get with the program, i say get a clue.

ps sorry for the whole you living in Ohio thing.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

I think both yall need to read it outloud and get back with somebody this has taken a really wierd turn!

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  959

1. Grothe

2. Gradkowski

3. Harrington

4. Garrard

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Grothe over Troy Smith???  Herman was right -- I really cant believe that someone on this board would say such a thing.  That is comical.  Troy Smith is going to win the Heisman trophy by an overwhelming margin and you are saying you would take Grothe over Troy Smith.  The same Troy Smith that SMOKED Texas...in week 2 of college football.

I think Grothe is good.  I think he will be A-- thats right A -- top QB in the state, but I don't think he is the best.  Tim Tebow might be the most impressive speciement at QB in a long long long time.   The guy is 6-3 -- runs a 4.5 forty -- benches over 300 lbs.  I am a loyalist with USF -- but I would sign Tebow over just about anybody in the country.  As for his passing ability.  He has only thrown about 10 passes this year....2 of them for TD's..

I definetly think tebow is a much stonger runner physically.... plus i think the talent he has played against is 10 fold what grothe has seen.  

You boys get ahead of yourself a bit.  I think Auburn is going to beat us by 40.  We lost to Cinci on the road.  Auburn is 2 classes above us.

Leak

Tebow

Weatherford

Kyle Wright

Matt Grothe

Xavier Lee

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Grothe is hands down the most exciting QB to watch in the state of Florida. Leak is ok, but I dont think he does enough with his legs to hang with Grothe. Tebow is a good runner, but he has struggled at the passing game when given his chance. I wouldnt trade Grothe for any QB in the nation right now, not even Ohio St's Troy Smith.

ummm, Id take Leak.

Leak #1

Grothe #2

X. Lee #3

You were doing good until #3.  If you like pat julmiste and denson, then lee is RIGHT up your alley.

I'd take moffet, weathorford, tebow, and one of the UM QB's in front of that disaster (not necessarily in taht order tho) in addition to the obvious top 2 you mentioned.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Grothe over Troy Smith???  Herman was right -- I really cant believe that someone on this board would say such a thing.  That is comical.  Troy Smith is going to win the Heisman trophy by an overwhelming margin and you are saying you would take Grothe over Troy Smith.  The same Troy Smith that SMOKED Texas...in week 2 of college football.

I think Grothe is good.  I think he will be A-- thats right A -- top QB in the state, but I don't think he is the best.  Tim Tebow might be the most impressive speciement at QB in a long long long time.   The guy is 6-3 -- runs a 4.5 forty -- benches over 300 lbs.  I am a loyalist with USF -- but I would sign Tebow over just about anybody in the country.  As for his passing ability.  He has only thrown about 10 passes this year....2 of them for TD's..

I definetly think tebow is a much stonger runner physically.... plus i think the talent he has played against is 10 fold what grothe has seen.  

You boys get ahead of yourself a bit.  I think Auburn is going to beat us by 40.  We lost to Cinci on the road.  Auburn is 2 classes above us.

Leak

Tebow

Weatherford

Kyle Wright

Matt Grothe

Xavier Lee

Tebow has proven nothing in the passing game yet.  Don't get ahead of yourself.  He is a GREAT physical specimen, sure.  Remember, so is Julmiste.  

Leak is a clear #1 in FL.  His td-int ratio and total passing yards say so quite emphatically.

Weatherford over grothe?  more picks than td's and i got benched weatherford?  What are you looking at?  He and lee being immature as passers is a big reason that FSU is .500.

Kyle wright/grothe is iffy, but again you have to wonder about why miami is .500, and why wright neither has better statistics nor a starting position.

1. Leak

2. Grothe

3. Wright

4. Moffet (seriously, he has no help and is doing better than some others)

5. Tebow (great potential to leap to 1 or 2, right now is almost used as a RB)

6. Weatherford

7. Lee

Go ahead and flip flop 6 and 7 if you want, but i think weatherford is a little better.  Same with 3 and 4.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037

Well Well, lets just see what happens to T-bone after this year..... could take over for Carlton Hill.  Thats all I will say now. Things may change but thats just rumors thats all!!!

Guys, does it really matter? Grothe is a Bull for now. can we just get along  LOL!!!