• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Since it is SCI-FI Friday...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

Why the FRACK did they schedule the International Bowl on January 6th, 2007 and the GMAC Bowl on January 7, 2007?

http://www.internationalbowl.org/

http://www.gmacbowl.com/

2006 - 2007 Bowl Schedule here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NCAA_football_bowl_games%2C_2006-07

I thought that they always scheduled all the lower tier bowls before the BCS bowls.  Now you have BCS bowls intermingled with NIT caliber bowls.  So much for separating the men from the boys.   ::)

This is really great  ::) for people who have to make plans with their jobs.   ::)   "Hey boss, I may take off any time between Dec 19 through Jan 8.  I cannot really tell you when until the first week of Dec."  Yeah, that will really fly with most employers.

I miss the old days when all the bowls were played by January 1st.  These new bowl schedules are getting ridiculous.  Maybe they should just switch to a playoff system.  The Bowl season is now longer than any reasonable type of NCAA playoff system for football.

I have a feeling that I will be watching USF on TV if they get into a bowl game.  It is either a trip to Selmon's or pony up for a wide screen HDTV for Christmas.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

4 Letters: E-S-P-N

It's all about the TV rights, unfortunately a lot of these smaller bowls know attendance is going to be hard to come by and in a lot of cases the TV rights mean more to them than attendance. Suprisingly though, the GMAC has always been a better attended game than most the smaller bowls.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,784
  • Days Won:  3

miss the old days when all the bowls were played by January 1st.  

...those were the days. However.......they ain't  coming back! Too much TV revenue.

Do you realize that dang near half of the Division IA schools are involved in post-season

play. Entertaining as it may be, that still strikes me as wrong on some level. Seems like

we're rewarding mediocrity or exploiting (more than we already do) college football to

shovel some bucks towards the [insert also-ran bowl city here] chamber of commerce.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

FRACK....lol....Battlestar Gallactica is a good show.

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

7 wins should make you bowl eligble, not 6. I don't know how many teams that knocks out of contention this year, but 6-6 doesn't seem right.

But, I'm all in favor of bringing back the Bacardi Bowl!