• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stop caring about the BE: care about USF!

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

USF can have it's one of its best years ever --if we win out.

Nobody is unbeatable in the Big East, and USF has a shot to make this season really special.

First order of business: Beat The Orange!

It's the last home game of the season: BE THERE!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  1,911
  • Days Won:  0

I wasn't going to go...but thanks to this post I am SOOO THERE!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  1,750
  • Content Count:  17,508
  • Days Won:  13

I was going to go but thanks to this post I will be at home.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

RIGHT!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

this thread is a little late

most google and green hitched their bandwagons

to wv 2 weeks ago and ul last week

the thinking is if big east best team is the best than usf must be good

it doesnt work like that

on the field of competiton like life you are judged by how you perform

usf needs to win

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  81

For people that actually follow college football, it is fairly normal for fans to prop up their own conference saying it is the strongest, most depth etc.  Obviously, BE supporters have a bit of a chip on their shoulder due to all the "drop them from the BCS" talk.  I don't have any problem with people on here hoping that this conference has strong teams.  In fact, since college football is a perception driven industry given that the most important aspect in playing for a national championship is subjective human polls, we as USF fans need the BE to be perceived as a powerful conference.  Otherwise, it would be difficult to get the important pre-season ranking to be eligible for said title game (ie. Rutgers 2006)  

The only thing I have seen on here that is very peculiar was the suggestion that it would have been best for USF to lose to UL this year if they were undefeated.  That is carrying the BE torch much too far.  

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,090
  • Days Won:  469

this thread is a little late

most google and green hitched their bandwagons

to wv 2 weeks ago and ul last week

the thinking is if big east best team is the best than usf must be good

it doesnt work like that

on the field of competiton like life you are judged by how you perform

usf needs to win

Good to see the curmudgeons are still holding their own - it keeps the "google and green" in check.

How does it hurt USF for UL to play for an NC?  Or WVU? Or Syracuse?  Get past the first square smazza, we've already tried to address you on this, but you flee.  We all want USF to win first and foremost (with, perhaps, the exception of one of your contemporaries - Bullhonkey who floated the idea maybe USF shouldn't beat UL - that is RIDICULOUS).  But when it is all said and done if USF is not in the NC, why wouldn't we want to see our conference play for that?  The success and undefeated late season status of UL, WVU and Rutgers did a lot to turn around the pundits' thinking on the Big East.  As would an NC.  The stronger our conference appears and the more illuminated the path to an NC the better our recruiting will be and the more fan interest will be drawn.  Could you imagine playing National Champion UL (Rutgers, FITB) at home next year and beating them?  

Nothing is good for you and your ilk at times, so I do realize these are wasted keystokes.  Hopefully, with a win over Syracuse, it will be another near-quiet week.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

i agree, i actually saw some people say "should we root for louisville against Usf because its better for the big east?"   wtf!!!

root for USF, if we play well and have a good season, we go to a good bowl regardless of what else is going on.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

We want the BE to succeed, because BE teams are all in this ship together.  If we can bring up the conference to the level of a SEC, then it will help us.  When we go on a run within the next couple years like RU is doing this year, the BE will have respect, and we will be respected for beating teams in a good conference.  Dare I say it will help us contend for a NC within the next few years.  This is why you will never see a CDOA team contend for nat. champ.  Because thier conference not only is weak, but is perceived as weak.  a 12-0 CDOA team will never play for NC, but a 12-0 BE team "could" play for NC - not saying they certainly will, but they have a chance.  And that chance will continue to improve as the conference improves, beat ooc bcs teams and wins bowl games.  Why people can't understand this is beyond me.

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

But now that LOU has lost their chance at a NC, we have no reason to feel "guilty" about beating them (as some on the board would).  We can route for RUT to finish undefeated and route that we finish with 3 more wins--guilt-free.

There will be more upsets in the BE this year.   ;)