• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

New Orleans Bowl???

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

Where do you go to get a passport anyway?  And how much time betw. a Toronto Bowl invite and the game?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  339

I'd probably go anywhere for a bowl game.  And I wouldn't mind playing a lower-level bowl team so we can get that 1st bowl win in USF history.  Keep adding to the "firsts."

I'd hate to start off 0-2 in bowl games.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

If we got to the Gator or BCS I would take 0-2.  I would prefer winning, but playing FAU or North Texas in the New Orleans Bowl is as low as we can get, and we would get no credit for winning; God forbid we lose.  

Where do you go to get a passport anyway?  And how much time betw. a Toronto Bowl invite and the game?

How to get a passport from the Department of State... this link is the best source of information.

The Bowl invite will be on or about December 3rd.  The game is Jan 6th.  That is NOT LONG ENOUGH to get a passport via the normal process (about 6 weeks).  You can pay $60 more (above the normal application fee 0f $97) as well as send your application via overnight delivery... and send them a pre-paid overnight return envelope.  So if you wait until December 3rd, you will need to pay about $187 to be sure to get your passport before you leave for Toronto.

Also, you need to have an original birth certificate -- which adds further delays if you don't already have a copy.

Best advice: apply NOW.  It's always a good thing to have.  You will need it even for the Bahamas.

There is a passport agency in Miami -- but there are limitations on doing this in person:

*  MIAMI Passport Agency

Claude Pepper Federal Office Building

51 SW First Avenue

3rd Floor

Miami, FL 33130-1680

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays

Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778

NOTE: Miami Passport Agency serves customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel.  An appointment is required.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  125

i like playing all of the teams in your conference every year.  Wisconsin has one of the lowest SOS so far out of big ten teams and they wont play OSU or Michigan this year.  that's ridiculous.

Wisconsin got hit with a triple whammy on scheduling.  OSU rotated off the schedule,  they had to add the 12th game, and had a cancellation they had to fill at the last minute.  Add an off year for Purdue, Iowa, and Minn equals no BCS shot at all.  They did play Michigan and lost by 14.  They were only down by 7 until the 4th.  The game was closer than the score indicates.  You schedule  a patsy schedule and you pay.  It will cost them alot of money this year.

I like the Big East and Pac-10 style schedule where you play everyone.  Then there is no luck of the draw.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

How to get a passport from the Department of State... this link is the best source of information.

The Bowl invite will be on or about December 3rd.  The game is Jan 6th.  That is NOT LONG ENOUGH to get a passport via the normal process (about 6 weeks).  You can pay $60 more (above the normal application fee 0f $97) as well as send your application via overnight delivery... and send them a pre-paid overnight return envelope.  So if you wait until December 3rd, you will need to pay about $187 to be sure to get your passport before you leave for Toronto.

Also, you need to have an original birth certificate -- which adds further delays if you don't already have a copy.

Best advice: apply NOW.  It's always a good thing to have.  You will need it even for the Bahamas.

There is a passport agency in Miami -- but there are limitations on doing this in person:

*  MIAMI Passport Agency

Claude Pepper Federal Office Building

51 SW First Avenue

3rd Floor

Miami, FL 33130-1680

Hours: 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m., local time, M-F, excluding Federal holidays

Automated Appointment Number: 1-877-487-2778

NOTE: Miami Passport Agency serves customers who are traveling within 2 weeks (14 days), or who need foreign visas for travel.  An appointment is required.

Option for Toronto Bowl Travel:

Yes, starting Jan 1, 2007...you do need a PASSPORT to FLY into Canada.

However, option would be fly into Buffalo...visit Niagra Falls...on the way to TORONTO!! (Short Drive...only about 2.5 hours away).

Point being...a US Citizens does NOT need a passport to DRIVE into Canada!

Anyway...If I had to bet...I would think the Big East would prefer to put USF in Birmingham...and have a northern Big East team go to Toronto.

But just in case USF goes to Toronto...just fly in/out of Buffalo.

KL