• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Matt Grothe to start vs. Syracuse?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  584
  • Content Count:  10,369
  • Days Won:  7

If he takes a snap who cares?  If he plays a series/a quarter/a half then Matt is definitely injured.

PJ has done a lot for USF Football.  If CJL decides to let PJ take the first snap I hope he comes onto the field to a standing ovation.  I really hope he isn't booed.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,833
  • Days Won:  22

I hope we give PJ a nice ovation is his last game at home and he has handled this year with a great deal of class and sportsmanship wish more kids would act this way under similar conditions. He is a Bull and has given it all for USF.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

He has shown excellent sportsmanship this year, being the captain and not playing unless MG was injured.  That does not mean he should get the start against SU if Matt is ready to go.  If we get a nice lead, then CJL should  put him in but not before.  I'll bet Walt Smith won't start and he's a senior.  

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

He has shown excellent sportsmanship this year, being the captain and not playing unless MG was injured.  That does not mean he should get the start against SU if Matt is ready to go.  If we get a nice lead, then CJL should  put him in but not before.  I'll bet Walt Smith won't start and he's a senior.  

CJL could put him in for the 1st play and call an inside handoff or draw.  Julmiste runs draws pretty well.  His form on handoffs is SUPERB!

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,056
  • Days Won:  469

Well, I won't be there, but those of you that are there, I hope for incredible applause at the pregame intro as well as the same applause should he see action in his final home game.

He's a warrior. He did what he could and he won many games for us.  It's not his fault Matt was born a couple years late.  

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161

I don't care if PJ takes a snap in his last game. I mean what could that hurt anyways??

I was mainly interested if MG is going to be our QB on Saturday. I've got lots of stuff to do besides tying up a half a day watching PJ at the helm  .

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,056
  • Days Won:  469

I've got lots of stuff to do besides tying up a half a day watching PJ at the helm  .

Unless MG is hurt - THAT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161

I've got lots of stuff to do besides tying up a half a day watching PJ at the helm  .

Unless MG is hurt - THAT AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN.

Let us hope and pray MG's foot heals and he is his old self. Seven wins this year would be a success. We really need MG Saturday!!

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

It's not his fault Matt was born a couple years late.  

nope, that's flip's fault  ;)

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,684
  • Days Won:  424

Well, I won't be there, but those of you that are there, I hope for incredible applause at the pregame intro as well as the same applause should he see action in his final home game.

I won't be there until the 2nd quarter but I hope he does get a nice pre-game reception ..... but I really don't think he'd want to go in for any token play just because it's his last home game.