• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

If Rutgers Wins out

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

Everyone talks about the Big East schedules.  Our OOC schedules are comparable to any other BCS confrence.  The issue is our conference schedule.  We're told that because of it, we have to schedule top OOC games.  One question.  How many top BCS schools are going to go into Morgantown, Louisville, Tampa, Pittsburgh, etc. and play?  Not many.  We could play all of our OOC games on the road and probably pick up some pretty decent teams.  But most of the other BCS teams will say, "well our conference schedule is soooo hard that we can't have a really tough OOC schedule"

you are so wrong it isnt even funny

only cinncy played a big boy schedule

please just look at SOS rankings

wv played not one ranked team before ul

ul played bad miami and ksu teams.

miami and physical ky team took out ul's stars

the big east schools need to go totexas,usc and osu.the burden is on big east schools to porve they belong not other way around

usc has #1  sos as it is.why does usf have to go to a big east school.usc opened up arkansas and killed them

apis-you have it all backwards

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

No, I'm not wrong.  Many top BCS teams will not give 1-1s to USF, Louisville, WVU, Rutgers, etc.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  164

usc has #1  sos as it is.why does usf have to go to a big east school.usc opened up arkansas and killed them

Does anyone understand the point of these comments? I'm not even sure if the bold above is a question, a comment or smazza-babble. On the surface-- it appears to be an obvious question-- USF needs to go to big east school because they are in our conference and that is fair. I'm very confused.

WTF does USF have to do with mutherfucking USC anyway?

No, I'm not wrong.  Many top BCS teams will not give 1-1s to USF, Louisville, WVU, Rutgers, etc.

of course they wont

big east teams need to take one time deals go on the road and play top teams

there is no other way to get respect

why in the world would a team like usc come to tampa.usf and other big east teams need to go where the great teams are play them

dont you get it yet?

big east needs credibility

Does anyone understand the point of these comments? I'm not even sure if the bold above is a question, a comment or smazza-babble. On the surface-- it appears to be an obvious question-- USF needs to go to big east school because they are in our conference and that is fair. I'm very confused.

WTF does USF have to do with mutherfucking USC anyway?

usf should have been typed usc

usc is an elite program and usf and other big east teams need to play more elite programs so they can be considered for NC  game

mikeg-why do you need to use profanity?

Yes last year that WVU D "shutdown" georgia to the tune of 501yd of total offense and 35 pts  ::)

UL has a GREAT offense but i am still sketchy when it comes to their defense, espcially against the run.   They proved they are a great offensive team but i still want to see more from the D as the season goes along.  UL is a very good team but i feel that the OSU and UM winner is still 2 tds better than anyone else in the country.  

big east  and wv fans have to stop using last years sugar bowl as an example that wv has arrived

big east  and wv need a dose of reality and hopefully thursday night's game gave it to you

that game was the biggest game for wv ever

ga played 6 other games like that during their season

ga couldnt get up for wv because wv is an inferior program

ga was disappointed they had to play wv to begin with

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Rutgers can't go to the NC game.  They are at 15 and do not have enough time to make that kind of jump.  They would have needed to start at 8 or 9 in the initial BCS ranking to have any chance of jumping that many teams.  The perception that the BE is weak, does not help.  WVU will fall to about 10 and Lousiville will only move to 4 (if at all), depending on who wins this weekend.

Sorry to say that  in my opinion, last night's game did not help the BE from a quality of play perspective.  The play did not indicate well-coached teams.

6 fumbles       (5 WVU 1 Lv)

22 penalties  (14 WVU 8 Lv)

1000 yards of Offense (541 WVU Lv 467)

Those numbers does not indicate good football teams or top level coaching.  It indicates weak schedules.   A clean 24-21 game would have done the conferene better.

UL fumbled it ONCE.  Are you going to say last year's title game also did not indicate well coached teams?  UL looked fine to me on thursday, and WVU lost precisely BECAUSE of their mental errors.  FIVE fumbles!  Try beating anyone but the biggest patsy ever with fiiiiiiiiiiiiiive fumbles!

IF IF IF RU were to win out they'd deserve to go to the NC as much as an undefeated UL or WVU would.  I think RU SOS is about 33 by season's end or something.

Poll voters aren't nearly fluid enough, because they let perception get in the way of what happens on the field.

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

ga couldnt get up for wv because wv is an inferior program

ga was disappointed they had to play wv to begin with

Steve, that is a terrible statement.  They couldn't beat a team in a BCS bowl because they were inferior?  They should have stomped them if they were inferior.  Even if they couldn't get up for the game, a good team would have made adjustments and beat that inferior team.  

Welcome back smazza.  

• Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  2,719

Rutgers won't win out.  We will beat UL.  How does that sit with everyone?