• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gator fans are happy...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

We shall see.  Everyone has thier opinion.  I'm not discounting how good UM or OSU is.  My opinion is UL is better than ND.  Take away the jerseys and helmets and ND doesn't get ranked as high.  Should have lost to a poor MSU team, if not for miraculous comeback.  Mich played the game of thier lives against ND and haven't come closed to playing that well since.

The season stats dont dictate that but hey we have alot of football to be played.  Ill take the 4th ranked defense who surrenders 11pts a game over a team with no rush defense trying to stop one of the nations best RB's and o-lines, not to mention a stable of stud WR's and a very good and efficient QB, but thats just me.    Also notre dame is the mirror of UL and im one of the biggest ND haters you will ever meet.  Both teams are really pretty on offense but lack any kid of defense at all.  Quinn who is a legitamite heisman candidate looked like hot garbage against UM because he was on his back the whole game.   One of the UM DL's (who's name escapes me at the moment) has 11 sacks and a a couple others have 5.  That defense is no joke.  As for OSU i really dont think i need to discuss their offense at all as it has proven all season that it is very explosive and has talent on the bench that could start at alot of schools around the country.  The defense has been solid but not great but is very disciplined and has VERY good speed.  It limited a very talented UT offense to 7 pts and made one of the most talented WRs in the nation intoa  non factor (sweed).  Also you forget how easily that UL only beat UC by 6pts and OSU beat them by 30.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

again, it's not UF that UL has to pass, it's texas in the harris and coaches polls.  why?  because the human polls are more static than the computer polls.  once the voters lock in a team it takes a win like UL's to vault them over people.  in the computer polls, playing rutgers and winning that game and the other teams with winning records will only help UL.  UF's schedule sint good from now on.  UF is 4th in computer poll, UL is 9th.  that will close starting this week and from here on until SEC championship game (that will be equal or less to rutgers game).

so, if UL can pass texas and solidify their spot there, the computer polls will take care of itself.  even if they dont pass texas, they will remain ahead of UF in the human polls and catch up in computer polls and UL would have a great chance to make NC game.

however, they should pass texas in both polls and probably vault to #3 in BCS  as well, this week.  if not, there's always the rutgers game and pitt game.  undefeated UL plays for title.  easy.  and as easy as WVU would have if they had done it.

wow, now lurkle is taking up the big ten's banner.  what conference isn't better than the big east?

wow, now lurkle is taking up the big ten's banner.  what conference isn't better than the big east?

It's not a matter of conference as it is team when it comes to UM and OSU.  Lets not forget that UL team we was tonight only beat UC by 6 while OSU beat them over 20pts. And yes the SEC is still a better conference after what i saw tonight.  The SEC elite can atleat play defense while the BE elite can score points but not stop the other team from doing so.  Lets not forget what and elite SEC team (UT) did to Cal who is one of the best offenses in the country.  The BE has some great offenses but cant play a lick of defense this season.  Also i see you working the negative angle against me there.  Sorry that im a bulls fan that doesnt let the BE lovefest override my view on teams that play in other conferences that obviously have more talent than us (the sec).  And yes the Big 10 top to bottom overall is weak this year but their elite would take the BE elite to the woodshed and im to the point where i want it to happen just to shut up some of the fans here that wear BE goggles rather than being able to realisitcally evaluate talent in other conferences.    

It's not a matter of conference as it is team when it comes to UM and OSU.  Lets not forget that UL team we was tonight only beat UC by 6 while OSU beat them over 20pts. And yes the SEC is still a better conference after what i saw tonight.  The SEC elite can atleat play defense while the BE elite can score points but not stop the other team from doing so.  Lets not forget what and elite SEC team (UT) did to Cal who is one of the best offenses in the country.  The BE has some great offenses but cant play a lick of defense this season.  Also i see you working the negative angle against me there.  Sorry that im a bulls fan that doesnt let the BE lovefest override my view on teams that play in other conferences that obviously have more talent than us (the sec).  And yes the Big 10 top to bottom overall is weak this year but their elite would take the BE elite to the woodshed and im to the point where i want it to happen just to shut up some of the fans here that wear BE goggles rather than being able to realisitcally evaluate talent in other conferences.    

our opinions are clearly very different.  I see the SEC as a conference that can't score that well.  they are the opposite of the pac-10.  the big east is a nice mix.  you must know as well as anyone that comparing 2 games that 1 team played against 2 other teams doesnt work.  Cincy had a few games to prepare for UL, and we all saw first hand how good Cincy's defense can be.  and yet UL scored enough to win with a recovering QB.

It just seems to me that no one can shut down either of the big east team's offenses.  I think the game was a good showcase for the big east.  most SEC games I watch are boring.  all I hear is good defense but I'd prefer them to also try out some offense sometimes.

our opinions are clearly very different.  I see the SEC as a conference that can't score that well.  they are the opposite of the pac-10.  the big east is a nice mix.  you must know as well as anyone that comparing 2 games that 1 team played against 2 other teams doesnt work.  Cincy had a few games to prepare for UL, and we all saw first hand how good Cincy's defense can be.  and yet UL scored enough to win with a recovering QB.

It just seems to me that no one can shut down either of the big east team's offenses.  I think the game was a good showcase for the big east.  most SEC games I watch are boring.  all I hear is good defense but I'd prefer them to also try out some offense sometimes.

please make more excuses for the UL just like you accuse me of doing for the SEC.. Also you cant use us as comparison for how good the UC D is as we have NO WHERE NEAR THE FIRE POWER OF THE UL O.  Its a nice trick to try to rally people on this board behind you but to compare our offense to UL is HUGE REACH.  Also common opponants are a very good baromete especially when a team like UC has alot more on the line and alot more emotion against an instate team like OSU than UL.  Your making excuses now rather than giving concise arguements hope you streached out before the reaching in your last post.  

My goodness.  Every game is different.  You can't honestly say that every 2 games have direct comparisons.  You think we'd nearly lose to FIU with the team we have now?  UC's team had several weeks inbetween those games.  If they play again maybe UL wins by 30.  If WVU plays UL again maybe Slaton doesn't fumble 2 times in a row and they dont let UL run back a punt and WVU wins.

but whatever.  I'm not trying to make any excuse.  I don't need to.  UL is clearly a good team and most people realize that now.  I'm merely arguing against the direct comparisons of 2 games.  Tell me, how does it work when 3 teams play each other and they are all 1-1?

It comes down to a thing called match ups.  Some teams match up beter against other teams by having talent in the spots that can make it hard for the other team to have success in a given area.  IE a team has great run stuffing d tackels and LB's that are negated against a pass happy offense but can wreak havock against another team that is run oriented.  See tonights game for instance UL cant stop the run and didnt do so in the game that have been close for them, go back and look at the UC stats.  And yes we can play the WHAT IF game all day.  Heck if we want to do that what if game with USF.  what if  Ean Randolph cathes that ball against KU and either gets into the end zone or inside the 5 with a few plays left, and/or Amp doesnt drop that 2pt conversion against Rugters when momentum is clearly on our side and sends it into OT.  But you know what those what ifs didnt happen the games worked out the way they did and you cant change that.  Just like UL sturggled against an aggressive and fast defense like UC mean while OSU had the talent and offensice line to blow out that same team.  Im not arguing that UL isnt good, but im saying they are not on the level of some of the 1 loss teams in other conferences and definitly not on the level of VERY GOOD all around OSU and UM teams.  

It comes down to a thing called match ups.  Some teams match up beter against other teams by having talent in the spots that can make it hard for the other team to have success in a given area.  IE a team has great run stuffing d tackels and LB's that are negated against a pass happy offense but can wreak havock against another team that is run oriented.  See tonights game for instance UL cant stop the run and didnt do so in the game that have been close for them, go back and look at the UC stats.  And yes we can play the WHAT IF game all day.  Heck if we want to do that what if game with USF.  what if  Ean Randolph cathes that ball against KU and either gets into the end zone or inside the 5 with a few plays left, and/or Amp doesnt drop that 2pt conversion against Rugters when momentum is clearly on our side and sends it into OT.  But you know what those what ifs didnt happen the games worked out the way they did and you cant change that.  Just like UL sturggled against an aggressive and fast defense like UC mean while OSU had the talent and offensice line to blow out that same team.  Im not arguing that UL isnt good, but im saying they are not on the level of some of the 1 loss teams in other conferences and definitly not on the level of VERY GOOD all around OSU and UM teams.  

You are obviously correct.  The direct comparison of the 2 OSU games prove this.  The WVU game tonight proved nothing.  Beating undefeated Rutgers next week would prove nothing.  Every team in the top 15 is better than UL, WVU, and Rutgers.  The big east is still inferior and no team stacks up to elite teams in the other conferences.  Every game that the big east loses is proof, and every game that the big east wins is just 1 game and proves nothing.  

Yeah thats totally what im saying would you like to twist my words some more cuz it looks like it gets your jollys off.  Because that common opponent in UC really means nothing at all huh?  The fact that one team beat them by over 20 in an instate "rivalry" game and another beat them in an in conference game by 6 means nothing at all.  Lets not even mention that the UM defense is top 4 in total defense top and run defense and averages over 4 sacks a game.  Not to mention the the 3 stud recievers, a VERY solid QB, and a VERY solid OL.  I would break down OSU but as the # 1 team in the country im sure most know what they have to offer (Smith, Ginn, Gonzalez, Pittman and Wells) and a very good defense with better speen than either team we saw tonight to boot. But hey you know me im a HUGE Sec hawk who give no one else respect  ::)