• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Gator fans are happy...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

Why are you so quick to think that Florida would stay ahead of Louisville, if in fact the Cards win? I would not be a bit surprised if Louisville just takes WVU's place at #3 in the polls and their BCS number should go ahead of UF's.

Because WVU is #3, the Cards at #5 and the Gators are #4.

Kizarvexis

so what?  the cards should skip over texas for the #3 in both polls.  that would be a huge increase right there.  not to mention every game from here on out raises their computer poll.

i'd be more concerned about texas, personally.  louisville needs to jump them in the polls this week with a nice game and a nice win.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

remember that undefeated Rutgers has some leverage on the topic of Louisville.  If Rutgers can beat the Cards, they go undefeated and win the Big East.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

Those who say OSU or Mich would lay into either team have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.  Both offenses were unstoppable.  UL could and probably will beat either one of those teams.  Did you actually watch the game.  Over 1,000 yards of total offense.  UL WILL jump over FL in the polls and If, If, If, they go undefeated will not be caught by one loss team.  For those that actually think the likes of a USC team that loss to the beavers are actually going to catch them then you obviously weren't watching.  One other thing.  Why are more and more pundits starting to say a BE team will play in NC game, yet almost everyone on this site say it can't happen?  Do you guys know more than the pundits.  Do you have some sort of inside knowledge that the guys who watch games for a living don't.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am not so sure ul will pass uf

i know announcers said they will but we shall see

ul will not be able to get up for 2 games back to back

rutgers will win next week

is that a gaurantee??  I think UL wins personally.  Brohm seems to have shaken off rust.  But is will be interesting to see how far RU jumps if they win or if they have any chance to play in nc game.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,470
  • Days Won:  43

Florida still has a game against Western Carolina that will hurt them because UL still has #15 Rutgers, PITT, and USF. UCONN is the only team that UL has left to play with a losing records. I think USF can start winning some games to help out UL.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Those who say OSU or Mich would lay into either team have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.  Both offenses were unstoppable.  UL could and probably will beat either one of those teams.  Did you actually watch the game.  Over 1,000 yards of total offense.  UL WILL jump over FL in the polls and If, If, If, they go undefeated will not be caught by one loss team.  For those that actually think the likes of a USC team that loss to the beavers are actually going to catch them then you obviously weren't watching.  One other thing.  Why are more and more pundits starting to say a BE team will play in NC game, yet almost everyone on this site say it can't happen?  Do you guys know more than the pundits.  Do you have some sort of inside knowledge that the guys who watch games for a living don't.

Neither team has a D the calibre of UM or OSU.  Michigan would be the bigger threat to either team as Hart does not fumble the ball and the michigan O can either pound it down your throat with Hart or air it out like they did at Notre Dame.  Michigan would be able to control the ball and make each possession VERY important due to them controlling the ball and keeping the oppossing offesne off the field.  Osu has two all american calibre WR's, a VERY good RB, and one of the most dynamic QB's in the country, not to mention a big and physical o-line.  OSU's defense has more speed (evident in the texas game) than either team i saw tonight.  What i saw tonight was two teams who lack defenisvie speed (WVU) and defensive toughness (UL).  Yes both offenses can put points up on the board but OSU and UM possess defenses that can pucnh you in the face and make you drive the length of the field and not just get chunks.  Both OSU and UM would make UL or WVU EARN yards and not just out athlete the defense because they have great athletes on defense as well as on offense.  I think OSU or UM would beat either of these teams by 2 scores or more.    

I don't.  Your giving them too much credit.  Why?  Because they play in big 10?  Because Michigan beats teams like NW by less than 2 scores?  Both those teams are very very good, I've watched several of thier games.  I grew up in Mich and was a wolverine fan before a bull fan, but UM doesn't beat either UL or WVU by 2 tds.  OSU maybe, but I don't think so.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Michigans d is very underrated for being the 4th best in the country.  They have the best run defense in the country and average almost 4 sacks a game.  Not to mention they beat a team in notre dame that is very similar to UL by over 20pts.  Notre dame is pretty much the same as UL good qb who is not very mobile, good wrs, serviceable backs and a questionable defense.  Yes the big 10 is having a down year but the top of the class is VERY good this year.  The amount of talent both OSU and UM have on the field is ridiculous.  Also the BE is really getting inferiority complex as soon as someone makes a good arguement for a team from another conference the first team people who defend the BE point to is the rep of the ofther conference.  I could careless what conference OSU or UM played in the talent i have seen on the field so far is undeniable.  If these two teams played in seperate conferences they would meet in the NC game.  If UL plays either of these teams we could end up with a NC game that resemles USC Vs OU from a few years ago.      

We shall see.  Everyone has thier opinion.  I'm not discounting how good UM or OSU is.  My opinion is UL is better than ND.  Take away the jerseys and helmets and ND doesn't get ranked as high.  Should have lost to a poor MSU team, if not for miraculous comeback.  Mich played the game of thier lives against ND and haven't come closed to playing that well since.