• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

SU Game Time Change

I posted part of this on another thread...

What has to change is the mindset of South Florida fans.  Yes, as parents you want your kids to participate in sports on Saturdays... but Saturdays in the fall will be in limbo.

This is similar to holiday plans.  Too many USF fans have already set their holiday travel plans -- but they don't include the bowl game.

It is possible to have both USF games AND family events as priorities... but it takes making some adjustments.

NOTE: I had to postpone a trip to visit my grandmother in Ft. Myers next weekend because of the Syracuse game change.  I mention this so people don't think I'm being critical of fans that are parents because I don't yet have children.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

Noon games in November in Florida dont suck. It wont be that hot like it was in Orlando. USF had better not schedule noon games in September though. I am fine with the noon games in November or late October. USF fans are going to have to get use to these noon games sooner or later because they will keep on coming now that we are in the BIG EAST. At least we dont have to play on Tuesday nights like C-USA.

you are correct. November are cooler and please never on Tuesdays or Wednesdays... those nights are for the WAC, Sun-Belt and C-DOA...

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161

Well here we go again. No respect. Moved to the Noon timeslot. What does it mean? It means people are going to get up early  just to make a noon kickoff. those of us in the east stands get the sun in our eyes. ANybody else playing at Noon? Noon Saturday is not good!

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Well here we go again. No respect. Moved to the Noon timeslot. What does it mean? It means people are going to get up early  just to make a noon kickoff. those of us in the east stands get the sun in our eyes. ANybody else playing at Noon? Noon Saturday is not good!

youve got to be kidding?

First of all, moving the game to Noon is a sign of respect for the USF program.  Noon means NATIONAL syndiaction.  7:00pm means no TV.

Secondly, there are 11 games at Noon or 12:30 this week:

12:00 PM      Ball State at #2 Michigan

12:00 PM      Penn State at #17 Wisconsin

12:00 PM      Maryland at #19 Clemson

12:00 PM      Virginia at Florida State

12:00 PM      Pittsburgh at South Florida

12:00 PM      Indiana at Minnesota

12:00 PM      Missouri at Nebraska

12:00 PM      Baylor at Texas Tech

12:05 PM      Northwestern at Iowa

12:30 PM      #7 Florida at Vanderbilt

Like you, I prefer the night games ... but I will be cheering just as loudly at a Noon kickoff.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078

Nebraska, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, FSU, and Clemson are obviously bush league for having noon kickoffs

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,528

totaly sucks. I hope we enjoy pulling <30K at home 2 weeks in a row. can someone post the attendance figures from our other noon games of the past? I've been to all of them and the turnout has been atrocious. What's the point of being on TV at noon if all we do is show empty seats?

The effects on tailgating definitely suck too. Who cares if Bucs play at 1 this year, I go to those games too and tailgating is much better for 4 pm kick offs. 2 noon games, a Friday night game.....this home schedule has been the worst I can remember.

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

I would prefer a 3:30 start to a noon one, and even though I don't mind a noon start, the evening games are just so nice to attend.  I haven't talked to anybody who prefers a daytime game, but I'm sure that there are some who do.  

As far as playing during the daytime to be "big time", LSU is pretty big time and they schedule most of their games for Saturday Evening.

I would prefer a 3:30 start to a noon one, and even though I don't mind a noon start, the evening games are just so nice to attend.  I haven't talked to anybody who prefers a daytime game, but I'm sure that there are some who do.  

As far as playing during the daytime to be "big time", LSU is pretty big time and they schedule most of their games for Saturday Evening.

For What It's Worth:

LSU's 2006 schedule...

Sat, Sep 02 - UL-Lafayette - 7:00 p.m.

Sat, Sep 09 - Arizona - 5:30 p.m.

Sat, Sep 16 - @ Auburn - 2:30 p.m.

Sat, Sep 23 - Tulane (HC) - 7:00 p.m.

Sat, Sep 30 - Mississippi State - 11:30 a.m.

Sat, Oct 07 - @ Florida - 2:30 p.m.

Sat, Oct 14 - Kentucky - 7:00 p.m.

Sat, Oct 21 - Fresno St. - 8:00 p.m

Sat, Nov 04 - @ Tennessee - 2:30 p.m.

Sat, Nov 11 - Alabama - TBA

Sat, Nov 18 - Ole Miss - TBA

Fri, Nov 24 -  @ Arkansas - 1:30 p.m

5 games in the evening

5 games during the day

Two still T.B.A.

Not what I would call "most of their games".

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

Why do some of you think that we won't draw 30,000 plus for either of the last 2 home games? Unless the students don't show up this weekend there should be a good crowd there.

I understand why the noon games are tough on some, but they are going to be the norm for us now, so we should get used to it. You can tailgate before and after the game in daylight, which is nice.