• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

what position on football team is in most need

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

of immediate  influx of talent?

• Topic Count:  479
  • Content Count:  1,991
  • Days Won:  0

Punting/Kicking

Defense looks good has not given up many points all season.............Offense looks good at times, just need to wait for them to grow and mature. The only thing that would help us immediately is a transfer who is good enough to produce immediately and does not need time to develop.

Quit bringing in dead beats like Amp Hill (we should have atleast gone to OT with Rutgers, thanks Amp) & bring in more producers like Andre Hall

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

????????  

OL has every player except one coming back next season and before the 4 sack Cinci debacle (which wasn't fair because two sacks were Pat Julmiste's freeze frame plays), the most they surrendered this year was 3...they hadn't surrendered a sack against Uconn, UNC, and Rutgers.

I don't think the OL needs an 'influx' of talent.  It could always get better, but they've been riddled by injuries all year still waiting for our top starting guard to return- Griffin.  They'll get better, and next year could be dominant.  I would though like to eventually see Schmidt take over for Capogna at center.  Nick's a great guy, but the culprit of many of the holding penalties and I am sure that has a lot to do with his diminutive size.

We've got two great punters/kickers on scholarship but they are true freshmen Alvarado, and Petrov...don't expect the staff to waste another schollie at these positions, but I can assure you by next year these two will be fantastic.

Jewbull, you should get b-slapped, if you knew the contributions Amp has made to this program aside from on the field production (which hasn't been bad, and take away a phantom clip in Lawrence and he would have been a hero in that game) you wouldn't say those things.  Amp came to USF and worked his ass off, hardest working guy on the practice field, put in the extra time, pushed him self even when his injury was sore...it set a sterling example for guys like TJ, Hester, Edwards....I would venture to say his demanding regiment has rubbed off and helped to make this entire receiving crew start reaching it's potential.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276

????????  

OL has every player except one coming back next season and before the 4 sack Cinci debacle (which wasn't fair because two sacks were Pat Julmiste's freeze frame plays), the most they surrendered this year was 3...they hadn't surrendered a sack against Uconn, UNC, and Rutgers.

FYI...Hate to point out that SB was wrong, but UCF got 5 sacks against you guys earlier this year.

Considering how bad UCF's D is this year...that had to be the worst game played by USF's OL this year.

Guest JulmisteForPrez
????????  

FYI...Hate to point out that SB was wrong, but UCF got 5 sacks against you guys earlier this year.

Considering how bad UCF's D is this year...that had to be the worst game played by USF's OL this year.

Yeah....our O-line was looking dominant.......until we had to stop playing teams like McNeese State and Florida International.  The fact that UCF managed five sacks is proof.  They have not been adequate against DECENT competition.

However, S Bien is absolutely correct about Capogna.  Seems like a guy with a solid work ethic and seems to be bright enough to know the line calls etc., but at 275 lbs. (which I would guess is generous), he doesn't have the size nor strength to push around the type of DT's and LB's he needs to.

No matter who we have returning, we need to get some BIG TIME OL in here.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,911

Our OLine looked pretty good on that saety too.  

IDK i want a better tight end.  A guy like celek on UC, looks like someone like that would compliment grothe very well.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  6,832
  • Days Won:  22

WE need bigger and stronger DT"s and DE's. I think we are young at DE but we definetely need more bulk in the lines. The OLine i think we are gaining but these are positions where you wont see many if any freshmen step right in and play. so we need to stockpile talent that will be ready in JR year.

RB is another position i think we need upgrade.

So il say DLine (specially DT) and RB are a must.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

OFFENSIVE LINE!!!!!!!!!

Followed by defensive line.

agreed

big dts are needed

unless the each olinemen plans on putting on 30-40 pounds each usf better get 5 new guys.