• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Does anyone else watch this show?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827
  • Days Won:  0

Fields of Glory. It's on INHD(703 on Brighthouse).

I've been dvr-ing it for a couple weeks now. The show picks a different "traditional" college football team, and goes through their gameday and game week traditions and explains some of the histories behind them. It's a really good show if you wanna learn something about different schools.

Well, the last one I watched was on the Univ or Colorado. They went through the story of Ralphie and how they deal with her on gamedays and such. Basically, it got me FIRED up about the possibility of USF bringing a live bull onto the field before the games....and also got my brain twisting and turnin, trying to think of new/original things that us Bulls fans can start doing as our OWN traditions.

Good show. Watch it.

• Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  3,103

when is it on?

I'm not sure. I just have it set to "record all episodes". It seems like it's pretty random, and they replay it ALL the time.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,416
  • Days Won:  43

Thanks,  I will look for it.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I haven't seen the whole series (don't own an HD TV...yet...fiance to convince), however, my dad had the one for the Swamp recorded and it was pretty cool.

If I had the opportunity I'd probably watch the series for stadiums like ND, Ohio Stadium, the Big House, the Colissuem, etc...

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386

It's coming to DVD.

http://www.inhd.com/press/pressDetail.jsp?pressId=56

They will be releasing 5 DVD's for $14.99 each. Each will feature one ep, plus an hour of extras. The five teams that they are releasing are; Tenn, Michigan, Texas, Texas A&M, and Oregon. I would expect that if these 5 sell well, then they will release more.

Kizarvexis

Ok, so I'm watching the Texas A&M one and had to pause it to post this.....

Since 1932, 30-40,000 fans gather at the stadium every friday night before a home game for the Midnight Yell. The Midnight Yell is PRACTICE FOR THE FANS.......PRACTICING yells and cheers. Because, as the AD said in the piece: "At Texas A&M, we never lose. We may be outscored, and if we're outscored, that means we didnt yell loud enough."

80,000+ fans never sit down during games. No exagerration. They dont have cheerleaders, they have 5 "yell leaders". With hand signals, these 5 "yell leaders" control 80,000 people and everyone yells in unison.

Amazing stuff!

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

Ok, so I'm watching the Texas A&M one and had to pause it to post this.....

Since 1932, 30-40,000 fans gather at the stadium every friday night before a home game for the Midnight Yell. The Midnight Yell is PRACTICE FOR THE FANS.......PRACTICING yells and cheers. Because, as the AD said in the piece: "At Texas A&M, we never lose. We may be outscored, and if we're outscored, that means we didnt yell loud enough."

80,000+ fans never sit down during games. No exagerration. They dont have cheerleaders, they have 5 "yell leaders". With hand signals, these 5 "yell leaders" control 80,000 people and everyone yells in unison.

Amazing stuff!

Kinda puts things into perspective with USF.  Some of us complain, but the student turnout, and 35k or so in attendance isn't so bad considering.  Look at UT, go to knoxville for a game, the arm of boats along the river outside the stadium, the fans shoveled into those downtown streets....they go nuts people there prep all week for their tailgate!

We've got a lot to learn, but USF is still a good piece of clay.  Good young fans can mold it to make it their own, make the traditions new and fresh and all our own.  It's going to be a great ride.

I keep telling my friends that one day...when I'm 50...it's gonna be SO gratifying to know that WE were there when it started.

My girlfriend though, said that when it gets like that, she's leaving me.  ;D