• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

This is WHY WE MUST WIN!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Well then hell we must win it for the broken cheerleader!!!! ;)

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  869
  • Days Won:  0

Looks like you might be way beyond the "that needs some ice" phase.  I am sure the Dr. already told you what to do.  

• Topic Count:  33
  • Content Count:  662

Well I was at practice Sunday night and went to do my first tumbling pass, just a layout...ya know, warming up. Ran and went to take off outa the backhandspring and my ankle completely flopped to the side and gave out, all while I still had a flip to complete in the air.  Somehow I managed to land on my feet still...but yeah I was real upset. Eventually hobbled my way to the car and drove home, watched the Cincy game.  Woke up around 3 or 4 am and it was just throbbing.  I wanted to scream.  I was gonna try and hold off till like 6 when I could go see the trainer during morning workout, but when I went to get up to go to the bathroom, I tried to put weight on it and screamed. So feeling like a horrible burden, I called my mom at 4...there was no way I coulda driven myself to the ER. So bless her heart...she comes and gets me, all the way from St. Pete which is about a 50 min drive, even at that hour from where my family lives.  So yeah she came and got me, took me to the ER, then to my ortho in St. Pete...thank God it wasn't broken cuz after having done this twice on this ankle already and once on the other ankle, we were sure I did myself in.  It's a sprain...it's really hard to say to what extent the ligaments are damaged but I've been advised that I'll probably need surgery after basketball, when I graduate cuz the ligaments are sooo messed up.  I'm just real depressed right now...it's my last year and I have 3 more football games left to cheer (2 home and then U of L) and then Nationals in January.  I'm just praying I can be better in time to do all of those!!

As far competition goes, I'm actually competing with coed.  We're having all-girl (20 girls) and then a small coed team (4 guys, 12 gals), which we feel we can do really well in both those divisions.  I'm excited about doing something different...we actually are doing choreography this weekend and learning our routines.  I just hope I can be out there and be a part of it.  It's just gonna be frustrating cuz a big part of why I made the team is my running tumbling...it's my forte.  And to not be able to do that just kills!!

Sorry to ramble... :(

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

Victory or Death!  allah akbar!

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Well I was at practice Sunday night and went to do my first tumbling pass, just a layout...ya know, warming up. Ran and went to take off outa the backhandspring and my ankle completely flopped to the side and gave out, all while I still had a flip to complete in the air.  Somehow I managed to land on my feet still...but yeah I was real upset. Eventually hobbled my way to the car and drove home, watched the Cincy game.  Woke up around 3 or 4 am and it was just throbbing.  I wanted to scream.  I was gonna try and hold off till like 6 when I could go see the trainer during morning workout, but when I went to get up to go to the bathroom, I tried to put weight on it and screamed. So feeling like a horrible burden, I called my mom at 4...there was no way I coulda driven myself to the ER. So bless her heart...she comes and gets me, all the way from St. Pete which is about a 50 min drive, even at that hour from where my family lives.  So yeah she came and got me, took me to the ER, then to my ortho in St. Pete...thank God it wasn't broken cuz after having done this twice on this ankle already and once on the other ankle, we were sure I did myself in.  It's a sprain...it's really hard to say to what extent the ligaments are damaged but I've been advised that I'll probably need surgery after basketball, when I graduate cuz the ligaments are sooo messed up.  I'm just real depressed right now...it's my last year and I have 3 more football games left to cheer (2 home and then U of L) and then Nationals in January.  I'm just praying I can be better in time to do all of those!!

As far competition goes, I'm actually competing with coed.  We're having all-girl (20 girls) and then a small coed team (4 guys, 12 gals), which we feel we can do really well in both those divisions.  I'm excited about doing something different...we actually are doing choreography this weekend and learning our routines.  I just hope I can be out there and be a part of it.  It's just gonna be frustrating cuz a big part of why I made the team is my running tumbling...it's my forte.  And to not be able to do that just kills!!

Yeah if I was going full time this semester i would have tried to come back at the fall try out (this is light blue).  I think with the talent that coed has and some girls from all girl we should do really well in the small coed division, everyone is very versatile and can do alot of stuff.  Good luck with the ankle and i hope you heal fast so you can get back to cheering on our bulls and getting ready to make us proud at nationals.  

• Topic Count:  116
  • Content Count:  1,501

The worst part about that whole story is that you had to watch the Cincy game!   :-/

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I'm sorry to hear this.  I've had 2 sprains in my right ankle (one class 2), a minor one in the left, and most recently a broken foot (similar to the shaun alexander break, but it was my 5th meta, not 4th).  Rehab is a *****, and the throbbing is something else too.  Certainly not the worst pain I've felt, but not something I'll forget any time soon.  Soooo frustrating.  I hope you heal quickly and as completely as possible.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

Sorry to hear that. Hope everything gets well asap. We are gonna need you cheering USF on down the stretch.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

We should all gather around the stadium where the players go in and chant "With it or On it!"

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

I had a class 4 sprain once from playing basketball.  Unfortunately, it looks like you may be done for the season.  BTW, I did stay at a Holiday Express.