• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls get a WR verbal...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016
  • Days Won:  0

Either way, he has time to grow with all the young starters we have at WR and KR.

6'2, 165? He's got room to grow, too. Size is good. Size + speed is better.

They say he's closer to 185lbs, but it doesn't matter at this point 165 or 185, a kid that obviously has good height and speed is a valuable commodity.  He also appears to be a very good route runner with no wasted motion or stutter stepping, and he caught all the balls in the video with his hands not his body.  That's strong with those valuable commodities the coaching staff will work on the fundamentals, and adding more strength.  

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

I want more linemen!  WR's are great, but the stronger our OL and DL, the better.  If I had to build a team, I'd first get a great QB.  After that, I'd go straight for the lines.  So what if that's just copying the patriots/eagles draft philosophy, it works!

That said, early commitments are a good thing, even at a position we already have good depth at.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

From our Gnat neighbors...

http://ucf.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?pr_key=51840

Patrick Richardson III

Wide Receiver

Pensacola (FL) Woodham

Ht: 6-foot-1

Wt: 165 lbs

Forty: 4.5 secs

GPA: 3.9

ACT: 23

Class: 2007 (High School)

THAT site also says he was considering Florida, Tennessee... oh, and UCF.   ::)

i considered harvard law at one time but they never considered me

i cant wait to see all 300lb Olineman usf will be recruiting.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

That 4.5 forty time was not from a camp or combine, which means its word of mouth from either the player or coach.

Not trying to rain on the parade but the guy doesn't look especially fast at all, though perhaps the competition is just really good, I have no idea what classification he is in.

I agree the qb threw a real nice ball.

Not to rain on your parade, but his coach was just quoted as saying he ran a 4.4 at the USF camp, and is actually a track star who's only in his second year of football.  He runs the 100m for his HS, and has returned 3 kicks for TD's for his team thus far.   I don't want to give to much more because one particular site did the research and has a nice interview with his coach for their premium pay subscribers.  Last year he made 1st team all district, and 1st team all-NW FL in his first year playing football.  His stats thus far are actually weaker then they could be because he's had three different QB's throwing to them.  The video you see is him as a junior!

So it sounds like you're right the 4.5 isn't accurate, it's more closer to 4.4 speed that he has, and he's actually 6-2 right now.    Also, apparently more offers are expected but he really loves Coach Dawsey.

Make your own assumptions but given the new information I just provided this doesn't seem like such a bad pick-up.

you are going to believe his coach?

he  is faster , taller and heavier  than his official stats! that is a first

i hope  a usf coach timed him at our camp?

• Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  1,235
  • Days Won:  1

Who cares if the other guys didn't notice or pursue him.  Where did Jerry Rice go to school?  Don't you think a larger program should have offered, or does Mississippi Valley State get all the talent?

Some of you guys probably wouldn't have asked a girl out unless you took a poll of all your friends on her desirability.

That 4.5 forty time was not from a camp or combine, which means its word of mouth from either the player or coach.

Not trying to rain on the parade but the guy doesn't look especially fast at all, though perhaps the competition is just really good, I have no idea what classification he is in.

I agree the qb threw a real nice ball.

Not to rain on your parade, but his coach was just quoted as saying he ran a 4.4 at the USF camp, and is actually a track star who's only in his second year of football.  He runs the 100m for his HS, and has returned 3 kicks for TD's for his team thus far.   I don't want to give to much more because one particular site did the research and has a nice interview with his coach for their premium pay subscribers.  Last year he made 1st team all district, and 1st team all-NW FL in his first year playing football.  His stats thus far are actually weaker then they could be because he's had three different QB's throwing to them.  The video you see is him as a junior!

So it sounds like you're right the 4.5 isn't accurate, it's more closer to 4.4 speed that he has, and he's actually 6-2 right now.    Also, apparently more offers are expected but he really loves Coach Dawsey.

Make your own assumptions but given the new information I just provided this doesn't seem like such a bad pick-up.

you are going to believe his coach?

he  is faster , taller and heavier  than his official stats! that is a first

i hope  a usf coach timed him at our camp?

Hey Steve, who says those are his 'official' stats you big dope?  A website that got the information about him 5 months ago or his coach that was quoted last night- and that website never timed him?  He wasn't never at the rivals camps so they don't know that information came by way of guessing!  Are you that gullable?

By the way the kid runs the 100m, and was a highly acclaimed sprinter up there.  He was also timed at USF camp at a 4.4.  So there's more than just his 'coach said', and frankly that's a helluva more than Rivals had to go by with his speed.  Also, any kid that returns 3 kicks for TD's in his HS classification in FL has some wheels.

Imagine he actually could have gained an ounce over the last five months.  Were you as pudgy 5 years ago?  

I want more linemen!  WR's are great, but the stronger our OL and DL, the better.  If I had to build a team, I'd first get a great QB.  After that, I'd go straight for the lines.  So what if that's just copying the patriots/eagles draft philosophy, it works!

That said, early commitments are a good thing, even at a position we already have good depth at.

I think we need both- hell we need everything, get the best athletes and take their commitments as soon as possible.  I like how you'd build your team first a great QB, then lines....how about a decent player to throw to.  Comparing the colleges to pros is apples and oranges.  Teams like the Patriots and eagles can build teams in a very strategic fashion because of free agents, and drafts- it insures the parity in the league is at a minimum.  Whereas in college football it's huge, so you take what you can get.  

We've got a good QB, we've got a pretty good OL, and DL that will be 100% returning in 2007 so a breakaway receiver would be nice.  Actually so would a nice big back too.  So many needs so difficult to address them all.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

If he runs a 4.4, the DB in the first clip runs a 4.3 He was getting ran down, but a reciever slowed down the DB enough to get him the extra 5 yards he needed.

From the highlight reel he looks good. Let's hope he stays on board.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,913
  • Days Won:  2

His coach told me he's "practically 6-2," which to me is like being almost 21 years old. You either are or you aren't. I would not be shocked if he's 6-2 by signing day, if not taller by fall practice ... :)