• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls drop 4 of last 5 in BE, and other trends

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Content Count:  1,260
  • Days Won:  0

We can all agree that we have overachieved in some respects since we began our program 10 years ago. We also can mostly agree that our bowl game last year and our start in the BE has been ahead of schedule in some ways. But just wanted to take a closer look at our progress so far in the BE (we have a 5-5 overall conf. record the last two years).

- While we started out like gang busters in conference play, if we include that "fateful" game at UCONN last year, we have now lost 4 of our last 5 BE games. losses : 2005 - Uconn, WVU 2006 - Rutgers, Cincinatti

Our sole win has been against Uconn in the "rubber match". Keep in mind that we still have games against Syracuse, WVU and Louisville.

Some other interesting stats:

- We have shut out our BE opponents in the first quarter 6 times.....5 of those we have won (implication: if we shut them out in the 1st quarter, we win)

- We ourselves have been shut out in the first quarter by our BE opponents 4 times, all 4 we have lost (implication: if we don't score early, we lose)

- We've never had a first quarter end in a 0-0 tie in BE play....

and of course the stat I pointed out in another post...

- We are 1 - 20 overall when we fail to score more than 20.

I think this is actually some revealing and scary stuff. Comments anyone?

PS. Overall we have outscored BE opponents 99- 53....

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  622

take that one game out against louiville last year and we have only outscored BE by 5

44-39

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

We can all agree that we have overachieved in some respects since we began our program 10 years ago. We also can mostly agree that our bowl game last year and our start in the BE has been ahead of schedule in some ways. But just wanted to take a closer look at our progress so far in the BE (we have a 5-5 overall conf. record the last two years).

- While we started out like gang busters in conference play, if we include that "fateful" game at UCONN last year, we have now lost 4 of our last 5 BE games. losses : 2005 - Uconn, WVU 2006 - Rutgers, Cincinatti

Our sole win has been against Uconn in the "rubber match". Keep in mind that we still have games against Syracuse, WVU and Louisville.

- We have shut out our BE opponents in the first quarter 6 times.....5 of those we have won (implication: if we shut them out in the 1st quarter, we win)

- We ourselves have been shut out in the first quarter by our BE opponents 4 times, all 4 we have lost (implication: if we don't score early, we lose)

VERY interesting, and eye opening stats......makes ya think....

As for the 1st quarter stats, what those numbers say to me is: "By god, we're gonna stick with our gameplan, for better or worse." Those numbers scream coaching, or lack thereof.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,527

Our sole win has been against Uconn in the[highlight] "rubber match".[/highlight] Keep in mind that we still have games against Syracuse, WVU and Louisville.

[highlight]- We have shut out our BE opponents in the first quarter 6 times.....5 of those we have won (implication: if we shut them out in the 1st quarter, we win)

- We ourselves have been shut out in the first quarter by our BE opponents 4 times, all 4 we have lost (implication: if we don't score early, we lose)[/highlight]

Actually we are 3-1 vs UConn (although not all games were conferences games.)

We lost a lot when we fell behind because we had a very limited offense.  Has less meaning now that we seem to be developing in that area (albeit not noticable in Cincy.)

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

you forgot PITT....

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

We will be destroyed by all these stats!

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

blade-great post

a great coach once said "you are what your record says you are"

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

blade-great post

a great coach once said "you are what your record says you are"

guess we aint too bad, then.   5-3.

• Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  4,016

take that one game out against louiville last year and we have only outscored BE by 5

44-39

At what point in yours or my lifetime did you believe USF had surpassed the Big East as the dominating most electrifying, amazing program in college football?

I swear I laugh harder everytime I read this board our fans want UM results without the UM talent or support.  UM didn't even have a great last two years in the BE but no one mentions that.  Criticize the play, but up to this point we've played **** good in the Big East and have never really been blown out or embarrassed- UC might have come the closest to doing so Sunday Night.

This is a team in a BCS conference that was built last year and this year, for non-BCS C-DOA.  Last year's team would have ransacked C-DOA, and so would this one....we're re-building, or is it fortifying, or improving the ranks but you just don't go plant a flag in the sand and declare yourself a Super Power.   This program hasn't been embarrassed and been in every BE game we've played- THAT SAYS A LOT, A TON.  Especially when you consider we're only equally talented, or slightly more than maybe 2 programs in this conference.