• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bowl Analysis - Detailed by Conference

Thanks Guys...

Here are some other things to consider...

The Current BCS Top 15 is:

1. Ohio State

2. Michigan

3. USC

4. West Virginia

5. Auburn

6. Florida

7. Texas

8. Louisville

9. Notre Dame

10. California

11. Tennessee

12. Clemson

13. Arkansas

14. Rutgers

15. Boise State

Given the remaining schedules, this is how I project the Top 15 at the end of the season:

1. Ohio State*

2. West Virginia*

3. Florida*

4. Texas*

5. Notre Dame**

6. Michigan**

7. Tennessee**

8. USC*

9. Clemson*

10. Auburn

11. Boise State**

12. Louisville

13. Wisconsin

14. Boston College

15. California

* = Conference Champions

** = At-Large Selections

If Boise State stumbles, and I really don't think this will happen, and if the WVU/Louisville loser beats Rutgers, then I can see the Big East being in a good position to take two teams into the BCS.  

This is because I can see three Big Ten and three SEC teams in the Top 12 - and no conference can take more than 2.  The Big 12 and ACC will not have two teams that high - so either the Big East or the Pac 10 can take the Boise State slot if the Broncos slip in their remaining games.

Thus it depends on how far Louisville and/or California fall when they lose to WVU and USC respectively... and if they don't lose any more games than that.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

do you see usc losing to ND?

Yup, I see USC losing to Notre Dame...

I also see Florida beating Auburn in the SEC Championship... I see Louisville beating Rutgers... I see Clemson beating Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship... I see Texas beating Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship... I see Boise State winning out...

Reading tea leaves can be a challenge... I could be wrong on some or all of these...

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928
  • Days Won:  0

no bowl for UCF

The "Toilet" Bowl for comedy central....

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

would love to see UCF with no bowl.  boise state has to play 2 "decent" teams in the sun belt, san jose state and nevada.  go them.

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

Yup, I see USC losing to Notre Dame...

I also see Florida beating Auburn in the SEC Championship... I see Louisville beating Rutgers... I see Clemson beating Georgia Tech in the ACC Championship... I see Texas beating Nebraska in the Big 12 Championship... I see Boise State winning out...

Reading tea leaves can be a challenge... I could be wrong on some or all of these...

Nebraska/Mizzou upset special in teh bit XII title.

Clemson should indeed take the ACC.  Will Ga Tech beat Miami?  I'm not sure.  Normally I'd favor Ga Tech this season, but coming off a loss like that to Clemson, and Miami essentially resting all it's thug starters via a suspension, Miami could take it.  I say Clemson gets Miami in the title and wins it though.

Boise wins out most likely.

Arkansas is underrated and is far ahead in the west race right now.  They can lose a game or so and still make the championship.  They'll be a fun game for UF, which I think will win the SEC even though I hate them.

Finally, I dont understand the ND upset call.  Not only is it @USC, but ND has shown horrible defense all year.  I don't like it, but USC has a very decent shot at the title.  I'd say its a 50-60% chance they get in.  They still need to get by cal and ND, but both are at home.  If they don't drop a road trap, they'll make it.  After all, either michigan or OSU HAVE to lose.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

yeah, arkansas could lose 1 and auburn still would not go to SEC championship game and yet still be ranked highest among SEC teams in the BCS.  what a wonderful system.  i would love a 1 loss auburn team to go to the national championship with that scenerio.  even better if arkansas won the SEC title.

anyway, i think USC is going to lose 1 of the games out of:  at oregon state, oregon, cal, notre dame, and at UCLA.  3 ranked teams and 2 road games against middle of the pack pac-10 teams.  usc hasnt looked dominant lately, but i guess we'll see.

• Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  823

We need Cuse to beat Cincy, us to beat Cuse, and neither cincy or Cuse making eligibility.  If all that jazz happens, we can back our way into a bowl.  Otherwise, better take out Pitt too.

Let's start cheering for Cuse noon this Saturday vs the Nnati

• Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473

After that debacle on Sunday night, I'd even be willing to cheer for UCF over Cincinnati.

amie_abull

(still bitter)