• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Embarrassing...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

I think that sums up last nights effort.  The defense should be pretty proud of themselves, but the offense, special teams, and coaching were just flat out embarrassing.  

fine, i'll accept this generalization.  keeps it nice and simple and doesnt JUST blame the coaches for the embarassment.

who should we blame

1.when ponton doesnt play

2.fake punt call

3.when cinsistently receivers dont run past first down makers on third down

4.untimely penalties

i think blame falls squarely on coaches shoulders

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

Where's your pride then MikeG? We are suppose to win games like these. We weren't playing Ohio State. We were playing former CUSA doormat Cinci. Our talent is from Florida. We did not run our best running back all game... our play calling was very unoriginal (although I thought the fake punt call was great if the blocks were made).

Our defense showed up. Our offense reminded me of last season.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

feel embarassed if you want

I don't feel that way just because we lose a football game.

i dont think rockytop is embarassed  i think he said the effort was embarassing

there wasnt a whole lot of enuthusiasm

hopefully the coaches will learn from this experience and put together a better game plan for pitt

i feel great today

Guest r_to_the_izzo
Embarrassing for Cincy also, a national Televised game and only a handful of fans show up.  I quess the Bulls can't blame the loss on the loud and rowdy Bearcat crowd.

I'd rather have the crowd not show up then have the team not show up.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

Pride?

I'm just a fan of a team bro-- I don't have a lot at stake in these games. I can handle losing without it causing me to go ballistic or feel outraged. We had a bad game-- life goes on. Hope we do better next time.

That's how I roll-- you roll however you want to.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  856
  • Days Won:  2

i feel it all started to go down hill very early.  imo, ANYTHING other than a qb sneak when you are on your own 1/2 yard line is a bad call.  i couldn't believe they didn't sneak that ball on first down...and it cost them a safety.  also, calling a qb draw on 3rd and 24 was HORRIBLE.  if youve made your mind up that youre just gonna give up that posession and run the ball, then run it with your **** rb!  although matt is a great runner, a rb will def hold onto the ball better, its his freaking job.   that fumble cost us a subsequent td.  and most obviously, the fake punt call on your own side of the field....wow.  enough said.  i seriously couldnt believe how bad the play calling was in this game.  swing pass after swing pass after swing pass.

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

OK QB sneak in the endzone would have been a better call, but seriously can you blame the coaches for making that call when the O-Line folded like it did on that play? Not even Barry Sanders would have stood a chance back there with the way the O-Line collapsed as the ball was snapped.

The QB sneak was on 3rd and 19 and while Grothe fumbled Cincy did not score as they were stopped on 4th and 1 by the defense.

Swing Passes were abound yes, but how else were we going to get the ball to our playmakers, one the slants they couldn't catch the ball (I counted 8 dropped balls) and most the time Grothe had a nasty rush killing his rhythm.

The O-Line really needs to step up and the swing passes were to help them by focusing the play outside of the box. While I'm not a major fan, they can be effective.

yes i CAN blame the coaches for that call.  even if the o-line would have folded like it did, at least with a sneak matt would have gotten back to the line of scrimage.  no one else to blame but the coaches there in my opinion.  i realize swing passes have been effective all season, but it seemed there were about twice as many as normal ran...and in key situations.  every so often on third down, you have to get a receiver to run a route past the first down marker.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Ugh...yes you can blame the coaches for anything. But that was just terrible line play. Sorry I'm pinning that one on the players for not executing. In a situation where you are backed up like that you have to expect that your line will hold up enough for the back to get to the line. Instead they folded and the LB got through.

Once again, check how many passes were

a) Dropped (I counted 8, most to wide open receivers)

B) Overthrown

We did pass down the field, once that wasn't working we went to the swing passes. I am not a fan of them at all, but it wasn't working trying to throw elsewhere.

of course you have to expect the line to hold up in a situation like that...its their job.  but on the same note, in case the line does break down, you simply cant afford to call anything other than a sneak in that situation.