• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I'll take the heat.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

It's all my fault. I'm sorry but the mojo just wasn't flowing last night like I hoped it would. I know I let all of BULLS COUNTRY down last night, and I just want to say I'm sorry...   I tried my best to prepare for the game, but I guess it just wasn't good enough.   Really,   It's cool, I can take the heat for this. Don't blame Jim Leavitt or the team... Wally, Rod, or the play calls. Not those two idiot announcers and that disgusting p.o.s. bearcat mascot.  It's all MY FAULT. Not the 12 or so cinci fans in the stans...  Not the cold weather...  Blame me. I deserve it, and I can take it.

And I'll Bounce back.             -mutt

• Topic Count:  1,207
  • Content Count:  18,470
  • Days Won:  44

Jason........we'll let you slide this time.  Next time it's 50 lashes with a wet noodle!!  LOL

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403
  • Days Won:  0

It's all my fault. I'm sorry but the mojo just wasn't flowing last night like I hoped it would. I know I let all of BULLS COUNTRY down last night, and I just want to say I'm sorry...   I tried my best to prepare for the game, but I guess it just wasn't good enough.   Really,   It's cool, I can take the heat for this. Don't blame Jim Leavitt or the team... Wally, Rod, or the play calls. Not those two idiot announcers and that disgusting p.o.s. bearcat mascot.  It's all MY FAULT. Not the 12 or so cinci fans in the stans...  Not the cold weather...  Blame me. I deserve it, and I can take it.

And I'll Bounce back.             -mutt

thank you.  now everyone get off the coaches.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

if our fans can have that never say die attitude that the team has-- we will be fine.

The way I see it-- teams have clunker games. I don't want to make excuses or try to analyze this one-- and we've certainly had worse  and then played well afterwards (Arkansas)--- I just want to move on and hope we get ready for a very tough Pitt team.  The list of what went wrong etc is pretty big-- feel free to hammer the team unmercifully for two weeks if you need to get it out of your system. I just see it as one of those days where you just can't aovid screwups and below average play. And I'll tell you this much-- jfcohio was dead on the money when he talked about how tough Cinci would be. I came into the game very wary of their performance against some tough teams. They put it to us and then some last night.

and life goes on....

While it was an opportunity for exposure, I would be in favor of avoiding these Sunday night games in the future.

that game was brutal to watch and this will hurt for almost two weeks minimum. I hope we can rebound and do something with Pitt. Something good that is.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Play a regular schedule. I am with you Mike No more bowing to the mighty and powerfull ESPN. Screw these Thursday night and Sunday debacles. It's made for TV and the payout is not that much. Stick with what has worked. I'd rather take the W than "exposure" anyday!!!

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Fire Mutt now!  ;D

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  153

the problem is that we don't have much say in how things get scheduled --- the league agreed to that and assigned us this game day.

Sunday night is a strange time to play but I don't know that it hurt USF specifically. We got beat by a team that was hungrier than we were and ready to take advantage of every miscue we offered up.

I kind of thought we panicked a bit when it was 2-0. That fake punt-- while some have said they liked the call-- seemed very dangerous even if we had converted. I mean-- you are on your own 20 or 30 yard line and are trying that type of play? Wow. That play snowballed into us getting desparate in a hurry. Cinci had a short field and powered it home. Add the fumble/TD for Cinci that occurred next and we were toast. That is frustrating for fans to have to endure. I can only imagine how tough it was for the kids and coaches involved in the game.

Grothe's injury was a little odd too. How do you get that cut on your nose short of something a Cinci did during the tackle? I'll bet Matt has a face mask shield going forward. I just hope he can get past this effort and come out strong against Pitt. I don't like the daytime game --we've played pretty bad in those type of games and our crowd has been weak. Granted it is homecoming so maybe we get a decent crowd. But losing this one will probably hurt attendance by about 5K because we do have some very fickle fans imo. One loss and they assume the worse. I just hope this isn't the equivalent of our UConn loss last season that sent us into a tailspin.

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212

Grothe's injury was a little odd too. How do you get that cut on your nose short of something a Cinci did during the tackle?

I was wondering about that also.  I noticed two tacklers seemed to get right in his face when he went down.  Grothe should not be running as much now that we have two decent running backs.

They seemed to play with much more enthusiasm than we did and we did nothing to change that.  The games with Cincy are alternating between wins and losses (2-2).  So, are they going to be our grudge rivals?  

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

Play a regular schedule. I am with you Mike No more bowing to the mighty and powerfull ESPN. Screw these Thursday night and Sunday debacles. It's made for TV and the payout is not that much. Stick with what has worked. I'd rather take the W than "exposure" anyday!!!

usf will never turn down a thursday or sunday game anytime soon