• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

does this game tell us where we are as a program?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

we have talent but lack coaching IMO.

i am starting to lean towards smazza's point of view

JL may not be the one to help us make the next step to top 25 status

we have had 2 chances in the last 2 years and have whiffed

we must capitalize on them

these chances will not keep coming

JL is good enough to get us to the door of the national stage but not good enough to get us through it. I hope over the next three years with grothe that he proves me wrong.

on the brite side we are still due to win a game we should lose this year pitt/ul/wvu so i may be reversing myself before the year is done

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

it was just a bad game.  so many players did not perform their best on offense and special teams it's ridiculous.  im just not sure how the coaches get all the blame for that.  btw, this is not on par with the UConn game last year.  UConn was a worse team and we only had to beat them to have a game for big east title 7pm on espn saturday night.  pitt game wont be much less hyped now than it would have been.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

im just not sure how the coaches get all the blame for that.

Just to clarify the magnitude of tonight:  Sunday night game.  No other football games to compete with.  Big East game.  Arguably similar talent on both sides of the ball.  A win means we become bowl eligible.  Revenge game from last year's beat down.  We knew they were 20th in the nation against the run

nothing compared to UConn game.

we ran well, could have stuck to running more if grothe doesnt throw that pick and we take the lead there.  could have stayed in the game if taurus doesnt fumble.  just a bad game and this national spotlight thing does suck but all i was saying there was it was not on par with the UConn game.  need to make sure we get to a bowl, now.

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,096
  • Days Won:  1

This loss does not show us where we are as a program, to 25 teams have blunders likes this every once in a while, it happens to every team.  I do believe that JL is the man to lead this team, I just think has backup coaches need to be evaluated and then matters taken accordingly.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  4,642

Fake Punt was suicide

You've got that right! Worst call of my life.

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

This loss does not show us where we are as a program, to 25 teams have blunders likes this every once in a while, it happens to every team.  I do believe that JL is the man to lead this team, I just think has backup coaches need to be evaluated and then matters taken accordingly.

except usf isnt a top 25 program

right now you have to say usf is 6th best team in big east hands down

that is where we are as a program

and usf will not be competing for a BE title next year unless leavitt brings in a top 10 class

i have been saying our dline needs to be improved.cinncy had a fullback that weighed more than all our dlineman except one guy.   we need 300lb tackles that can plug holes and penetrate

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

we have talent but lack coaching IMO.

i am starting to lean towards smazza's point of view

JL may not be the one to help us make the next step to top 25 status

we have had 2 chances in the last 2 years and have whiffed

we must capitalize on them

these chances will not keep coming

JL is good enough to get us to the door of the national stage but not good enough to get us through it. I hope over the next three years with grothe that he proves me wrong.

on the brite side we are still due to win a game we should lose this year pitt/ul/wvu so i may be reversing myself before the year is done

the longer usf plays the more it will beome apparent i am sorry to say

the patterns are so set you can set your watch to them

1.losing to teams usf should beat

2.the penalties

3.the underachieving in big games(or nationally televised games)

4.the odd play calling

5.the odd personnel decisions

there are many more that i will not restate

the good news is that usf can turn it around if they do things differently.

if usf plays the way they did against uconn they will beat cuse and give pitt a game

if usf plays the way they played last night they will lose remainder of games

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  274

complain, complain,complain. That all you ever do; If you ever said som ething good about the team maybe  people would listen. Get a life man!

• Topic Count:  53
  • Content Count:  1,757

This game does tell us where USF is at as a program... YOUNG and inexperienced.  

Cincinnati had nothing to lose in this one, and came out playing full out.  If the coaches had even tried to change up play calling in order to exploit the overly-aggressive Cinci defense this could have been a big game for us.  If there is a blitz on every down there has to be one or more open recievers.    

We are way too predictable on offense at play calling.  Mistakes may have put us in the hole, but bad/predictable offensive plays slammed the lid shut.    

On the brighter side, the season is far from over.  I guarantee USF won't come out looking that flat for the rest of the year.