• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

C'mon, are you a BULLliever in this team yet?

Guest BasketBull.

Guest BasketBull.

I know... I know... Even the Vegas boys aren't onboard yet (they've got us as underdogs against Cincy). Yes, all the teams we've beaten have bad records...

The Offense

1) Hasn't Matt shown you enough?

2) Have you ever seen our receivers play better?

3) The O-line has been doing great.

4) Ricky is smooth...

The Defense

1) You couldn't find better linebackers than the ones we have right now.

2) The run defense has been pretty good.

3) Josh Jumiste and Richard Clebert are back on the D-line.

4) Did you see that sweet play by our corner last week to deny one the long-pass play?

This team is ready to MAKE SOME NOISE!!!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

I'm not going to jump all over this Bulls team with blind optimism until I see how they perform against Pitt. I'm not sure if it's just the realist in me, but I'm happy going to a decent bowl with this young Bulls squad.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I never stopped believing in them but I have yet to BULLieve in anything.

I believe they will do well but am not sure how well. The other teams have a say in that afterall.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

I expected 7-0 going n2 Cincy ... and we were DANG close ... I also expected this team to be playing better than they have.

I do see improvement from the first 5 games.

We controlled UConn and UNC, but I was expecting us to DOMINATE !

I expect us to control Cincy. This could be the healthiest we've been all year. I expect EVERYONE to play to their potential Sunday !

Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

I expected 7-0 going n2 Cincy ... and we were DANG close ... I also expected this team to be playing better than they have.

I do see improvement from the first 5 games.

We controlled UConn and UNC, but I was expecting us to DOMINATE !

I expect us to control Cincy. This could be the healthiest we've been all year. I expect EVERYONE to play to their potential Sunday !

Go BULLS !!!

Were you thinking 7-0 before the suspensions of three key players or after that?

I figured we would lose a game here or there in the first 7 -- 5-2 is a good start and while I agree 7-0 might be possible with those players available against Rutgers and Kansas, I am proudthat we are in a good position heading into the conference grind.

7-0 b4 ... but still BULLieved we could ... obviously some SERIOUS doubts after games 1-3 ...  :P

Go BULLS !!!

Guest JulmisteForPrez
I'm not going to jump all over this Bulls team with blind optimism until I see how they perform against Pitt. I'm not sure if it's just the realist in me, but I'm happy going to a decent bowl with this young Bulls squad.

Paisa49 puts it very well here.  I agree with those sentiments.  Blind optimism isn't my thing, but if we can get that running game solidified with Ponton and if our defense can ever start putting consistent pressure on the opposing QB, we'll be looking good.

Here's hoping.....

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,043
  • Days Won:  469

I think we're a middle of the pack team.  I think the Cincy game will be a real challenge for us to win and we are rightfully underdogs.  I'm in the 7-5 crowd more so than the 8-4 or better crowd.  I have been impressed with the development we've seen, but we're still too shaky on Special Teams.  I like MG's play and love our receivers.  Having RP back is great as well.   but I am not prepared to say we are there yet.  Of course I bullieve (and believe).  I will have to watch the game Sunday before my I know what this team really has.

With Williams and Ponton having 100 yard games and the O-Line getting healthier, hopefully the Running Game is where we need it.

I think we have done a fine job with opposing QB's, granted we have not faced a top QB and won't until Palko. Sure hoping we can involve more blitzes ... will really need to pressure Palko. But first is Cincy's QB. We are already where we were last year in Pass Def/Break Ups at 37.

I think this team ... and any team needs to prove themselves each week. Think all would agree that the 2nd half will show what kind of team we have.

We did not play as well as we should/could have in the first 5 games and ended up 3-2. Before the season, wouldn't suprise anyone. But seeing this team, would say that most, if not all were disappointed in the KU & RU losses. BECAUSE we SHOULD have won them.

The team showed what that we are better against UCONN & UNC, as expected.

We really need to handle Cincy in similar fashion because we have improved.

Either way, Pitt will be a step up and BULLieve we will also Step Up with the Home field advantage.

First Beat Cincy !

Go BULLS !!!

Guest BasketBull.

My point is that this the team that I was hoping to see right out of the gate. Honestly, these guys would destroy FIU now (the full squad that played us).

Sure, UConn and UNC are weak teams. However, they are I-A, BCS teams and provided good tests for our young squad. If this team had an egg in them, it would have been laid at North Carolina. Certainly, the opportunities were there. But this team responded every time.

What I like is the cohesiveness, and the way they respond to coaching. To go from a million penalties in the UConn game to just four at UNC was impressive. And I like the way our players just do their job, without being jittery and messing up.

I'm not saying they are one of the best teams in the country. Rather, I feel that this team has enough good things going for it to have a strong chance to pull out a victory in every game remaining on the schedule.