• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

For those Bowl Analyst Guys

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

Is there a possibility that USF can play FSU or UM in a ACC Bowl MatchUp ?

I haven't been reading the Bowl Prediction Posts.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Is there a possibility that USF can play FSU or UM in a ACC Bowl MatchUp ?

[highlight]I haven't been reading the Bowl Prediction Posts[/highlight].

And just whose fault is that? It's not like you've got anything else to do.... 8-)

The Big East and ACC face both have slots in the Gator and Meineke bowls.

Since Navy will probably take the Big East slot in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, that leaves the Gator Bowl.  To make the Gator Bowl, USF would need to finish 2nd in the Big East at 9-3 and hope that U of L gets a 2nd BCS slot AND THAT both Rutgers and Pittsburgh finish 8-4 or worse.  In that case, we also have to hope that the Gator doesn't take an Oklahoma or Nebraska over USF... Then we need to hope that FSU or Miami finishes second in their division (i.e. not a division champ and therefore in the ACC Championship game).

In other words... don't hold your breath.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Content Count:  3,475
  • Days Won:  7

Since Navy will probably take the Big East slot in the Meineke Car Care Bowl, that leaves the Gator Bowl.  To make the Gator Bowl, USF would need to finish 2nd in the Big East at 9-3 and hope that U of L gets a 2nd BCS slot AND THAT both Rutgers and Pittsburgh finish 8-4 or worse.  In that case, we also have to hope that the Gator doesn't take an Oklahoma or Nebraska over USF... Then we need to hope that FSU or Miami finishes second in their division (i.e. not a division champ and therefore in the ACC Championship game).

Finishing second in the Big East isn't the same as being the "Big East No. 2" bowl selection. They're pretty much completely unrelated, in fact.

Guest BasketBull.

That would be really cool if we could somehow get UM or FSU in a bowl this year!

---I would do the happy dance if that became reality.  8-)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293
  • Days Won:  0

no matter where we finish we wont go to the gator bowl....as stupid as it sounds.

if we win the big east we go BCS.  otherwise, the gator bowl has their choice.  and will take louisville without a doubt if they can.  if they cant they will take west virigina or pitt.  face it guys...we cant travel with these schools yet.  our fanbase isnt that big and a florida bowl would want a team from up north so more incentive to come to the city, stay in the hotels. etc....

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

face it guys...we cant travel with these schools yet.  our fanbase isnt that big and a florida bowl would want a team from up north so more incentive to come to the city, stay in the hotels. etc....

Yep...there's a lot of truth in that line. Until such time as we're capable of dragging more than 5K on the road to a bowl game, we're not going to be at the top of anyones list.  And the folks in Jville know that  - at best  - we'd buzz over in the morning and buzz back in the afternoon. Not exactly a Holiday Inn Express kind of weekend.  Our best bet at a worthy-of-note-bowl would be (albeit unlikely) winning the BE and going the BCS route. Otherwise...you know the drill... 8-)

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,650
  • Days Won:  29

It is the sad truth . . .  :P

Finishing second in the Big East isn't the same as being the "Big East No. 2" bowl selection. They're pretty much completely unrelated, in fact.

Yes, I know this - as I have explained on other threads... my point was that the Gator Bowl would be the only chance to face UM or FSU this season... and the chances of it happening are small.