• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

The nation will be watching........

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691
  • Days Won:  0

Hey ChiTownBull, Cubs or Sox?

Pinella's a Tampa guy.

GO BULLS!

Yanks - Grwew up in Brooklyn

Lou went to UT where I went for my MBA

Still think the cubs should have went with Girardi

Baseball is very popular...just not in FLA

the midwest and east coast love baseball.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

WS ratings will be down with Detroit playing

The nation is falling in love with my Tigers after they beat the "evil empire" and then swept the A's.  I'll be in Cinci so won't be watching the Tigers take game 2 from whomever they play.  Now if Detroit can only get a football team.

Eric

• Topic Count:  879
  • Content Count:  5,691

Detroit spanked the Yanks and the A's and I hope they smack the NL especially if it's the Mets. Just not sure how much the rest of the country will care?

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

I don't know why there isn't an NFL game on -- even a lousy SNF game would equal the WS. Pre-season football games have scored higher ratings than the world series. Pre-season! So to suggest the nation will all be watching the world series is a stretch. Last years series was the lowest rated ever. Even with the Mets they'll be in the 13-15 range.

yea last years world series was kinda low but if the mets get in this series it will draw good ratings.  either way, more people will be watching the world series then our game.  more people will watch the sunday night movie on another network then watch our game.  think about it...you are a casual fan and see a college football game on against a school only known for basketball and one that you probably have no idea where they are located....do you stop and watch?  nope.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  38

yea last years world series was kinda low but if the mets get in this series it will draw good ratings.  either way, more people will be watching the world series then our game.

Oh it'll beat our game ... no doubt. I'm just taking issue over people talking like the World Series is something that the entire nation watches. Attendance may be up at the ballparks but the World Series hasn't broken a 20 share since 1992. The '86 series got a 48 share to last years 19. Even if you take last year out, the last five years have been between 20 and 25. People can talk about cable killing network shares all you want but people still watch football (even though Sunday Night Football is a mistake -- they tried to change a working system -- there is too much competition and family hassle on Sunday night: "we've watched football ALL day honey -- the last eight hours have been football and now I want to watch Desperate Housewives). Does anyone like the new arrangement more?

Anyway I'd put the over-under at around a 14 rating for the WS.

I'd put the over-under for our game at around 3.0.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,748
  • Content Count:  37,643
  • Days Won:  29

Here is hoping for a WS rain out!!!

Now you're thinking !

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

• Topic Count:  219
  • Content Count:  3,827

WHICH is exactly 3.0 more(on an "outside of hillsborough county" level) than we would've gotten otherwise.

3.0(however many that adds up to) people will all get to see our yellowish/greenish/goldish helmets. YAY!!!!  ::)

(note: hope we see the green pants the rest of the year....)

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

WHICH is exactly 3.0 more(on an "outside of hillsborough county" level) than we would've gotten otherwise.

3.0(however many that adds up to) people will all get to see our yellowish/greenish/goldish helmets. YAY!!!!  ::)

green pants looked so much better, i agree.  way to put our school color in the uniform.  what do you think of the all-black uniforms that FSU will be wearing this weekend at 3:30 against BC?  now thats crazy.  night game, maybe a better idea...

anyway, green pants make us look like a real road team to me.

world series rain out would be nice

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

Correct me if i am wrong (and I probably am),but doesn't a share equal about a million people, roughly? I'd take a 3.0 share any day!

The question is though, what will the share of househoulds IN FLORIDA watching the USF game be?