• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BCS Poll out - BE not getting respect

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Days Won:  0

WVU # 5

UL #7

RU # 16

BE 2 teams in bcs top 10 ACC none...sweet

Don't forget Pitt #35

• Topic Count:  98
  • Content Count:  1,532
  • Days Won:  0

I think that is pretty respectful.

Considering WVU, Louisville and Rutgers hasn't played any top 20 teams this year, I agree with you.  

I have to agree... the Big East teams (RU, UL, and WVU) are getting good rankings for the SoS they have.  I don't really agree with our rankings... but until we beat a real team... we arn't getting any higher.  Cinci could help... better than the rest we have beat so far...

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

I've said it all year, I have a really really strong feeling that WVU's SOS is going to leave an undefeated WVU out of the title game for a 1 loss USC, Auburn, Florida, Ohio State, etc. because their SOS is so high.

Current SOS for comparison:

1. Ohio State - 4th

2. USC - 2nd

3. Michigan - 5th

4. Auburn - 3rd

5. WVU - 101st

6. Florida 1st

7. Louisville- 69th

I wouldn't say it's the BE not getting respect, its just a comparison. Louisville wil have a top 25 schedule when it's all said and done, but WVU is going to struggle to get it up so winning big every game (except Louisville) is going to be needed.

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

I've said it all year, I have a really really strong feeling that WVU's SOS is going to leave an undefeated WVU out of the title game for a 1 loss USC, Auburn, Florida, Ohio State, etc. because their SOS is so high.

Current SOS for comparison:

1. Ohio State - 4th

2. USC - 2nd

3. Michigan - 5th

4. Auburn - 3rd

5. WVU - 101st

6. Florida 1st

7. Louisville- 69th

I wouldn't say it's the BE not getting respect, its just a comparison. Louisville wil have a top 25 schedule when it's all said and done, but WVU is going to struggle to get it up so winning big every game (except Louisville) is going to be needed.

I don't agree entirely. WVU is going to get to play Louisville, Rutgers, and PITT (as well as US....;) ) I thnk their SOS will rise to around 40 or so. If that is the case, then an undefeated WVU is likely in a championship game. Texas worries me a bit, becuase their loss would have been nearly a season ago by the time all is said and done. But we could really use a ND victory over USC and another Auburn and UF loss along the way too.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

Rest of schedule and results IMO:

OSU:  Indiana (W), Minnesota (W), @ Illinios (W), @ Northwestern (W), Michigan (Toss up)

Michigan:  Iowa (Toss up), Northwestern (W), Ball State (W), @ Indiana (W), @ Ohio State (Toss up)

USC:  @ Oregon State (W), @ Stanford (W), Oregon (Toss up), Cal (Toss up), Notre Dame (L), @ UCLA (W)

Auburn:  Tulane (W), @ Ole Miss (W), Arkansas St (W), Georgia (Toss up), @ Alabama (Toss up)

Florida:  Georgia (Toss up), @ Vandy (W), South Carolina (W), West Carolina (W), FSU (W)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

On top of that Florida and/or Auburn may play in the SEC Championship game.

Guest r_to_the_izzo

That is higher than I thought WVU and RU would be. I thought L'ville would be 5 or 6, WVU in the 8-12 range, and RU in the 20-25 range.