• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Hurricanes vs. FlU Fight Video

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

Thats garbage. >:( >:(

I hope the country really sees Miami for what it is. A bunch of thugs.

1) The announcer promoting the fight and saying they need to "represent" and he wanted to join in.

2) The Miami players celebrating the fight afterwards on the sideline.

3) The Miami fans were encouraging the fight and celebrating as well.

This is why I will never go to a game in the "OB". The old U = thug U.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,749
  • Content Count:  37,659
  • Days Won:  29

Only one game is horrible !

Remainder of the season for some after viewing the tape by the schools.

A black eye on college football by these two teams.

Now I can understand a fight, but when it turns into a riot like that was sad to say the least. And did you see the stands ... they were enjoying it  :P

From the FIU board:

The UM announcer during the ESPN GamePlan telecast--Lamar Thomas-- was as unprofessional as any on-air announcer I've ever listened to.

After the fight, his first words were "now that's what I'm talking about." He mentioned that he wanted to go down to the field and "get in that thing." Another one of his gems was "you come in to our house talking that noise and you're gonna get your butt kicked." He also suggested that the players should settle things in the tunnel.

Lamar, you need to find something else to do. You're UM education has served you well.

Oh man ... the um rivals board is in shambles ... more than normal.

Dark Day in Coral Gables.

"It's something they started," Wright said. "And our guys finished it. ... They're going home with a 35-0 loss and they're 0-7."

Sad  :P

• Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Days Won:  0

1) The announcer promoting the fight and saying they need to "represent" and he wanted to join in.

You're an absolute idiot for blaming Miami for this fight. FIU started the whole thing. They were getting frustrated for getting their  [smiley=moon.gif] handed to them and they take out frustration like that. Granted no one should have been fighting, but if you're teammates are getting attacked would you not want to defend them. I don't understand why people look down on this so much, but when it happens in baseball no one thinks anything of it. To me it shouldn't have happened, but when you have friends being attacked you have no choice but to help them. And you wouldn't go to the Orange Bowl to support the Bulls if they were playing there? It is a great atmosphere to see a game.

• Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  1,480
  • Days Won:  0

You're an absolute idiot for blaming Miami for this fight. FIU started the whole thing. They were getting frustrated for getting their  [smiley=moon.gif] handed to them and they take out frustration like that. Granted no one should have been fighting, but if you're teammates are getting attacked would you not want to defend them. I don't understand why people look down on this so much, but when it happens in baseball no one thinks anything of it. To me it shouldn't have happened, but when you have friends being attacked you have no choice but to help them. And you wouldn't go to the Orange Bowl to support the Bulls if they were playing there? It is a great atmosphere to see a game.

who cares who started it, using your helmet as a weapon and the gang attacks were uncalled for. Both teams were to blame but just because one team started it doesn't condone the tactics used by miami.

btw, went to the OB last year and was NOT a good atmosphere, was basically like entering a penetentary....the whole experience reminded me of the old "scared straight" experiment. Unless of course you like walking through the hood having the other fans in the face of women and children yelling FU FU FU FU. It is simply an atmoshpere of intimidation and their fans are just waiting to start trouble.

• Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I didn't blame Miami for the fight. I pointed out things from the video that showed that Miami was a thug team. FIU is absolutley responsible as well, but the video didn't show any of the FIU fans encurging it or their players dancing afterwards, so I am not going to make comment about things I didnt see. It really doesn't matter who started it either, swinging your helmet, cleating someone, or bodyslamming them is still UNACCEPTABLE for both teams.

(Unforuneately, no I would not go there even to see the BULLS play. Don't get me wrong, I love my BULLS and all, but I would feel safer going to the Citrus Dump than the Orange Dump.)