• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

No Love For My Boy Rod Smith

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

NOBODY -- I MEAN NOBODY ....gave any love to Rod Smith today.  It might have been the best called game at USF in years.

No love.  ZERO!

Are you guys fans or partisans?  Smith called a Brilliant GAME!  A freakin brilliant game.  

Mayor Smazza -- help me out here and point out to the blow hards that Rod Smith has had a dynamite year.

I think I mentioned last year that Smith problems weren't his play calling but his awful QB Pat Julmiste.

Rod Smith -- if you are reading this.... Great game buddy.  Keep up the good work -- your going to have your hands full with PITT.

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WILL GO TO BAT FOR MAC.... WHO HAS DONE NOTHING -- BUT THEY WANT TO HANG THE O-COORDINATOR WHO TOOK US TO A BOWL GAME and has the bulls 5-2 this year.

Keep up the good work Rod.

Shalom

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  714
  • Content Count:  7,796
  • Days Won:  6

I'll say it, he has had a good year.

I will also say that he makes some questionable calls once in a while (running Grothe so late in the game).

Guest Ari_Hinkelberger

You guys would have hung up from the rafters if that 4th and 1 play wasn't succesful..

a fickle bunch you guys are.

I am Always here to hold this board accountable..

Ari

• Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,472
  • Days Won:  35

You are not the first singing his praises. I gave him major props after the UCF game. I think he is using his personnel pretty **** well. And I also hink that personnel is performing at a level that makes him look good as well. Smith has been mixing things up pretty well thus far this year. Now with Ponton back I believe we are really going to see some great things out of this offense.

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

He's growing and getting better each game along with the rest of the team.

I'm not ready to call it a great year for him yet until we see how he calls a game against a good defense.

He is improving though.

• Topic Count:  56
  • Content Count:  566
  • Days Won:  0

Louisville, and probablly only LVille was a better called game...

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

You guys would have hung up from the rafters if that 4th and 1 play wasn't succesful..

a fickle bunch you guys are.

I am Always here to hold this board accountable..

Ari

It WAS risky.  Is Amarri actively given options on that play?  For example, if they didn't have anyone in the flats (or they all overpursued), would his first read be just to run for the first?  If that's the case, it's not a whole lot different from calling a normal toss if he tucks it.  Also, UNC is bad about overpursuit...a great team to use misdirections and reverses on.

I've been all over Rod.  I'm not sold on him yet.  But I'll admit he called a good game today.  More importantly, we weren't mired in 800000000000 penalties, and that MATTERED ALOT.  Some of UNC's worst plays came following a penalty.  USF kept it pretty disciplined today and I was impressed by that.  He definitely made me hate him less.  I do, after all, like people who actually improve at a noticable rate over time.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  538

NOBODY -- I MEAN NOBODY ....gave any love to Rod Smith today.  It might have been the best called game at USF in years.

No love.  ZERO!

Are you guys fans or partisans?  Smith called a Brilliant GAME!  A freakin brilliant game.  

Mayor Smazza -- help me out here and point out to the blow hards that Rod Smith has had a dynamite year.

I think I mentioned last year that Smith problems weren't his play calling but his awful QB Pat Julmiste.

Rod Smith -- if you are reading this.... Great game buddy.  Keep up the good work -- your going to have your hands full with PITT.

EVERYONE ON THIS BOARD WILL GO TO BAT FOR MAC.... WHO HAS DONE NOTHING -- BUT THEY WANT TO HANG THE O-COORDINATOR WHO TOOK US TO A BOWL GAME and has the bulls 5-2 this year.

Keep up the good work Rod.

Shalom

I resent that, scratch me from the list of Mac supporters. He's a zero, actually, a worse than zero, because he's negative to the program. For the record.