• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Any USF watch parties in the Brandon area??

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

Is any USF fan going to watch the game in the Brandon area??? I am most likely going to watch the game at Barnacles, so anyone can feel free to join. GO BULLS!!!!

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  505
  • Days Won:  0

F$%^ Barnacles.  I went there for the UCF game.  They had our game on in the back room with no sound.  Once the Michigan State game was over, they had a watch party, they refused to put on the sound for the USF game.  No one else was in there.  They also seemed annoyed to have to wait on us.  Barnacles will never get my business again.  I also hope all USF fans will refuse to give them business.  We need to spend our money at businesses that support USF.  Not D!ck establishments that refuse to recognize us.

Ended up at The Clubhouse on Fowler.  Place was packed.  Service and food were outstanding.  They were glad to have us.

We need a sticky at the top of the page for establishments that favor USF and for establishments that we should avoid.  This should include all types of businesses.  This way everyone knows where to spend money and where not to.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,408
  • Days Won:  43

Barnacles use to support USF. They use to have watch parties all the time about a few years ago with prizes and all this stuff about USF. What the hell happened since then??? Oh well, I am going to have a talk with them to make sure they get things right this weekend. Anyone know of a better place in Brandon that favors USF more?? Please let me know. Thanks.

• Topic Count:  132
  • Content Count:  10,380
  • Days Won:  18

Barnacles use to support USF. They use to have watch parties all the time about a few years ago with prizes and all this stuff about USF. What the hell happened since then??? Oh well, I am going to have a talk with them to make sure they get things right this weekend. Anyone know of a better place in Brandon that favors USF more?? Please let me know. Thanks.

Just hop on I-75N and come to the Clubhouse. It's probably a 10-15 minute car drive, and you'd be supporting a business that ACTUALLY supports USF.

You could try Buffalo Wild Wings across the street from Barnacles... not sure what kind of crowd they have or if they are an FSU/UF/UM place... couldn't hurt to ask.

HOWEVER, I suggest you go to an official watch party... so much more fun when you know a lot of the crowd will be pro-USF.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

In Brandon, Seffner, Riverview, & Valrico Area beside Barnacles there is...

3-4 Beef's (Original, Riverview, Valrico & on Bell Shoals south of Bloomingdale)

2 Buffalo Wild Wings (Mall n Fishhawk)

Several Cherry's (Not sure 'cuz I am not fond of thier food or svc.)

Hooter's on US60 n Faulkenberg

Crawford Kerr Wing House at 301 & I4.  Heard the wings are big but expensive.

There's a place next to Publix at Bloomingdale & Providence w/over 100 international beer choices.  Can't remember the name.  They have several 50" plasmas.

I think the Kazbor's is still open in Riverview south of Boyette too.  I liked there wings last time I went there but that was a long time ago.

BTW, is there a Brandon/East Hillsborough Alumni Assoc.?  If not, there prolly should.

• Topic Count:  134
  • Content Count:  1,158

BullDoug:

I think you are thinking of MJ Barleyhoppers.  I wouldn't suggest that.

On the Barnacles issue, that really surprises me as one of the owners is a USF grad and former hoops player for us.  It is also partially owned by John Smoltz (yes, that one).  It is a great place to watch games but I get over stimulated there.

If you guys settle on a place let me know.  I like the BW3's (Buffalo Wild Wings, I can't get myself to call them that) for watching games but the food in my opinion is so so.  And the ones I've dealt with have been reluctant to reserve space for groups.

Beef's tend to work out well in most areas and may be the best option.  I know there is a Selmon's planned for the area in the near future and will be a great location.  It may be up by next football season.

Let me know what you guys want.

Eric

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  47

I think the Kazbor's is still open in Riverview south of Boyette too.  I liked there wings last time I went there but that was a long time ago.

Kazbor's closed down.  That place was pretty terrible.  It was like a Village Inn atmosphere, but serving Chili's-type food.  There is a new Po Boys in that Albertson's plaza, which kinda gets busy during gamedays.  It's really the only place for south Brandon/Valrico people to go, aside from BW3's...

I went to BW3's off fishhawk on saturday, and a LOT of noles fans were out.  I went to BW3's close to the mall for Separation Saturday, and it seemed like a lot of gator fans.. but i was told that it is an Ohio State bar, with people parked outside with OSU flags, etc.

Don't go to MJ Barleyhoppers.  It doesnt seem like much of a sports bar type place.

I've always been interested in watching a game at O'Brien's on Lumsden and Kings.  I've been to the one on Dale Mabry to drink and would imagine it to be a good sports bar in brandon.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Barnacles has been great everytime I've gone.  It just depends on who else is playing.  You can't expect places of this size to be able to cater strictly to the Bulls when 75% of their customers want to see another game.  If you call ahead they will gladly set up the bulls game on over in the pool hall area and even put table tops on the pool tables so more people can eat.  specially at a 12pm kickoff.  I would stay away from Buffalo Wild Wings...that is a Ohio St bar on saturdays.  I think they even have the Ohio St pregame on the loud speakers instead of other live action.  plus it is crawling with big 10 scum.  

if you want to watch sports in brandon Barnacles is your best bet.  But like i said, you cant expect to just walk into a place that size on a saturday at 3:00 and expect the bulls to be all over the place.  Specially that week you were talking about (ucf week)  there was auburn vs lsu, miami vs louisville, nd vs michigan, and oklahoma vs oregon all playing at the same time.

on the other hand, like everyone said, if you want a place that is all bulls all the time then check out the clubhouse just south of the sundome on fowler.  it is a very small place and has to rely on support from the bulls to stay open.  business is business...but i would hardly talk bad about barnacles.  one of my favorite places in the tampa area to watch sports.