• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Grothe matches 2005 passing TD's in 6 games

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

8 for the team last year (6 for PJ, 1 for Denson, 1 for Jackson)

CJL as quoted during summer practice "They're about even..."   :-?

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JulmisteForPrez

::)

That's why you've got to love Coach Leavitt sometimes.  Give me a break.

That just shows you how awful our passing game was last year.  A redshirt freshman comes in and matches what THREE (count them) THREE guys did in twice the number of games!

Shows you how awful Julmiste is and how special Grothe is.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698
  • Days Won:  0

::)

That's why you've got to love Coach Leavitt sometimes.  Give me a break.

That just shows you how awful our passing game was last year.  A redshirt freshman comes in and matches what THREE (count them) THREE guys did in twice the number of games!

Shows you how awful Julmiste is and how special Grothe is.

And 1 of the 3 didn't have a touchdown pass.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

Well, Leavitt is a defensive coach.  Can't expect hime to be on the ball for offense every time.

Guest wildrover
Well, Leavitt is a defensive coach.  Can't expect hime to be on the ball for offense every time.

No but we should be able to expect his offensive coaches to be on the ball, why aren't they?

Guest JulmisteForPrez

Yeahhhhh.........ummmmmmmmm.........Leavitt may have FORMERLY been a defensive coach, but when you take the responsibility of taking over the reigns as a HEAD COACH, you had better at least have some offensive knowledge.

And to make the statement that Julmiste & Grothe were "about even" tells me Coach Leavitt must have about as much offensive knowledge as my 1 year-old neice.

Please.  ::)

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

It appears that Julmiste may be a great "practice" QB, hence the even comment.  Also, an intangible, that you don't get in practice is poise under pressure and improvisation, both of which, Grothe seems to have in great supply.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  618
  • Days Won:  0

You better believe that the comments about Leavitt thinking that Julmiste and Grothe were just about even was nothing more that coachspeak. As a head coach it's extremely ballsy to give the reigns of an offense right over to a redshirt freshmen, even as bad as Julmiste is. The coaching staff's plan of getting Grothe in for quality snaps the first game further illustrates my point. They knew Grothe was better, they just needed it to be proven first.

Guest wildrover
You better believe that the comments about Leavitt thinking that Julmiste and Grothe were just about even was nothing more that coachspeak. As a head coach it's extremely ballsy to give the reigns of an offense right over to a redshirt freshmen, even as bad as Julmiste is. The coaching staff's plan of getting Grothe in for quality snaps the first game further illustrates my point. They knew Grothe was better, they just needed it to be proven first.

I'm not so sure I agree with this.  Given how bad Julmiste is, is it really that ballsy to give the team over to someone else, freshman or otherwise?  You are not going to retard the progress of the program by giving the reigns to someone who may, at worst, have the opportunity to grow and learn the position and how to run the Offensive.  The earlier someone new starts doing that, the sooner they will grow into the very critical position.  Leaving Julmiste in as QB, just because he is a senior is stupid in my opinion.   We know how bad he is, leaving him in, due to seniority, is only retarding the progress of the program because you will still have games with no offensive production and his relief being forced to watch from the sidelines, further delaying his opportunity to grow into the position.  Honestly, I'm beginning to wonder about Leavitt's ability to evaluate talent.  Let's not forget that going into the Spring, Hill was given the nod.  No other school, including the JC he's at now wanted him at QB but going into the Spring he was named our starter?  I think Leavitt is a pretty good coach but he definitley isn't perfect (don't even get me started on the penalty problem) but I have to think that no matter how well he knows football, not being able to evaluate his personnel could serisouly hinder the progress of this team.    

• Topic Count:  217
  • Content Count:  2,495
  • Days Won:  1

And 1 of the 3 didn't have a touchdown pass.

Hobby, are you talking about Denson?  He had one in mop up duty last year.  I don't recall which game, but it was at home early in the year.  Cedric Hill made a nice run after the catch to score.