• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Bowl Projection: Still None for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

You guys do know that Cuse's 3 losses are to teams that are a combined 15-3 all in close games?

Take off the Green and Gold glasses, Cuse looks like a 6-6; 7-5 team this year and they WILL knock off one of the top 4 teams in the BE, write that down.

Joe, they played Wake close in the first game of the season, where anything goes. Iowa didn't play Drew Tate, who means as much to Iowa as Grothe does to USF.

They had to go to OT against a marginal Wyoming team. They looked pretty bad against Pitt the other day. They have improved a bit, but not enough to make the leap to a bowl team.

You honestly believe that they will knock off either WVU, Louisville, and Rutgers (I am assuming your 4th top 4 team was Pitt. If the 4th team is USF, then I still think that is a tall order for them having to come down here to win.)? I don't see it. They play @ Rutgers on Thanksgiving weekend, so I don't like there chances in front of a big crowd and outside in the cold. They will be at 3-5 after 10/21 with 3 of their last 4 games on the road. 5-7 at best for the Orange.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Just like everyone told me:

Joe, no way Toledo beats Kansas.

Joe, no way UNC is 1-4 when we play them.

People on this board always seem to SEVERELY underestimate teams. Cuse has a decent team and will spring  1 or 2 upsets. I can see them going 6-6 or 7-5. Ya they'll probably lose the next 2 games, but to say at this point that the last 4 aren't games they can win is just arrogant.

• Topic Count:  287
  • Content Count:  3,078
  • Days Won:  0

'Cuse will be playing us for bowl eligibility.  Cincy and Uconn are very winnable for them, but I don't see them beating WVU, UL or Rutgers.  If they are 6-6, they will be picked over us for a bowl

Guest Sprtsfn627

People on this board always seem to SEVERELY underestimate teams. Cuse has a decent team and will spring  1 or 2 upsets. I can see them going 6-6 or 7-5. Ya they'll probably lose the next 2 games, but to say at this point that the last 4 aren't games they can win is just arrogant.

Ok, they need 3 wins.  They are @WV, Louisville, @Cincinnati, @USF, UConn, @Rutgers.

Name for me the 3-4 wins they're gonna get with that schedule.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are a decent team, but they are gonna have an uphill battle to bowl eligibility.

@Cincinnati, @USF, UConn, @Rutgers

Those four games right there are all winable with the Syracuse team I've seen this season. Does it mean they will win? No. But to even suggest that they couldn't win these games is just arrogant. Rutgers is good...but 8-4 good, not the 5-0 team they are now. Someone is going to get them, and I believe 'cuse could be that team.

• Topic Count:  300
  • Content Count:  7,993
  • Days Won:  21

Ok, they need 3 wins.  They are @WV, Louisville, @Cincinnati, @USF, UConn, @Rutgers.

Name for me the 3-4 wins they're gonna get with that schedule.

Don't get me wrong, I think they are a decent team, but they are gonna have an uphill battle to bowl eligibility.

They will look at their last 4 (after WVU and UL) as winnable; the same way we look at our next 4 (prior to UL and WVU).  They are improved and am sure they think they can win those last 4.

@Cincinnati, @USF, UConn, @Rutgers

Those four games right there are all winable with the Syracuse team I've seen this season. Does it mean they will win? No. But to even suggest that they couldn't win these games is just arrogant. Rutgers is good...but 8-4 good, not the 5-0 team they are now. Someone is going to get them, and I believe 'cuse could be that team.

You're asking them to take 3 of those 4 games, where 3 are on the road. I don't know what Syracuse team you have been watching, but the team I saw on Saturday is not that good. They have a couple of good players on offense, but our D should be able to control them. Their QB has not progressed that much.

They have to go to Rutgers in late November where it will be very cold and there will be a large crowd there I am sure. I don't see Syracuse being able to pull that off.

UConn is the only game I would give to them at this point. They will have their hands full with Cincinnati.

You're asking them to take 3 of those 4 games, where 3 are on the road. I don't know what Syracuse team you have been watching, but the team I saw on Saturday is not that good. They have a couple of good players on offense, but our D should be able to control them. Their QB has not progressed that much.

They have to go to Rutgers in late November where it will be very cold and there will be a large crowd there I am sure. I don't see Syracuse being able to pull that off.

UConn is the only game I would give to them at this point. They will have their hands full with Cincinnati.

Ok and the USF team I saw play against FIU, UCF, Kansas, and Rutgers isn't that great either. It's arrogant to go out say that Syracuse will lose those games because they barely pulled a game against Wyoming when our own team was a lucky fumble from losing to FIU.

Syracuse is in a somewhat good position to earn a bowl bid. Do I think they're better than us? No! I think on most days we would beat them. However, I don't think we were necessarily a better team than Louisville last year, but we were able to pull it out.

Your right it's not cold in Syracuse...They might play indoors but they do have outdoor practice fields, they'll be ready for the cold weather at Rutgers.

Ok and the USF team I saw play against FIU, UCF, Kansas, and Rutgers isn't that great either. It's arrogant to go out say that Syracuse will lose those games because they barely pulled a game against Wyoming when our own team was a lucky fumble from losing to FIU.

Syracuse is in a somewhat good position to earn a bowl bid. Do I think they're better than us? No! I think on most days we would beat them. However, I don't think we were necessarily a better team than Louisville last year, but we were able to pull it out.

Your right it's not cold in Syracuse...They might play indoors but they do have outdoor practice fields, they'll be ready for the cold weather at Rutgers.

I agree that Syracuse is in a good position, but they're playing the toughest part of their schedule right now. How is their psyche going to be when they go to 3-5, especially if WVU and Louisville roll them? The will have little room for error in the last 4 games, where we should be in a much better position then them. Again, seeing them against Pitt was not very impressive.

I'm not so concerned how we played against FIU, Kansas and Rutgers because those games are well behind us. We have improved since FIU and we're not that far away from being a very solid team. The Syracuse team I saw on Saturday is not going to beat the USF team I saw on Saturday. Think about how much Matt has improved and then think of where he is going to be in a month. The defense has a couple of little things to fix, which started against UConn and will continue to improve.

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

In order to go 7-5, they have to win thier last 4 games, 3 of them on the road.  Does anyone Really think that is going to happen.  Yes, they have improved over last years one win team, but they will not win thier last 4 games, and that is what anyone predicting they will be 7-5 are telling us.