• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Report your "Glazer Stadium Cops" problems here

Guest BasketBull.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  473
  • Days Won:  0

Here's another one  >:(

My FATHER had a problem with a big black police officer from Tampa who was working outside of the parking lot entrance 7 at the stadium.  

My dad is frugal and had an extra parking pass to lot 5SB. For the money I pay for that privlege I could care less if he uses my pass when I am not at the games. But he decided to go sell the parking pass and did so up by entrance 7. The person who bought it was searching for change and the car behind them honked their horn. The cop got out of his car ran to my dad SCREAMING, got right up in his face chest bumped him and screamed "what do you think you are doing?" my dad stepped back and said "I was selling an extra parking pass we were not using. " With that the cop chest bumped him again and repeated the question "What do you think you are doing here?" My dad responded "I just told you I was trying to sell an unused parking pass but I can leave its not that big of a deal. With that this guy SLAPPED my fathers hand (he had a beer in his hand and didnt realize he couldnt have it outside of the white fence), so this guy doesnt say, throw that out, doesnt say "sir you cannot have open alcohol out here", he just slapped (yes physicallyo assulted my father) the beer out of his hand and yells "You cant have that here, get out of here". So my dad starts walking away but he figures this guy is going to get him for littering. So he asks the cop if he wants him to pick up the beer, POUR IT OUT, and dispose of it in a trash can. The COP yelled at him to leave it there, and get out of there or he was going to jail!!!!

Unfortunately my dad did not get this officers name or badge number. Sure the guy cut him a break on the open container but this cop needs to work on his communication skills and STOP PHYSICALLY hitting people. Had my dad hit another citizen like this cop hit him, he would have been arrested.

I hope someone knows who this cop was. Its rediculous for a cop to assult an individual. Had he said to move on, my dad would have. My father is a retired fire-fighter and former university cop (Yale). He respects law enforcement. THIS WAS UNCALLED FOR.

I told my dad just to toss the pass if I am not at the next game.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511

I got an incident to tell you.  It did not involve my party, or myself and I was not drinking either.

I saw a cop with a big moustache (hello Village People) head down toward the second row.  He was wearing green pants, so I think he was a Hillsborough Sheriff cop.  I saw him speak to some kids, as in middle school aged kids, who were standing on the seats.

Good for that cop.  Kids like that are very annoying.  I do not understand parents who bring their kids to the games, and the kids obviously do not want to be there.  They use the stadium seats as if they were frigging jungle gyms.  I guess $31 USF tickets are cheaper than baby sitters, and who cares if your spawn of Satan child annoys other people.  If their kid falls and gets hurt, then they will sue the TSA for not protecting their child.  BTW, my 60-something year old mother feels the same way, so back off yuppie soccer mom parents.

Here is where Mr. Moustache cop became a real authoritarian jerk.  He walked back up towards the top of the lower level and spotted a kid sitting in his seat.  He was sitting Indian style, so his feet were on the seat.  He yelled at the kid and told him to get his feet off the chair.  The kid's parents, chaperones, or whatever was sitting right next to him.  You think he would speak to the adults.  Nope.  He yells an 8-year-old boy.

What a big man.

I hope the Glazers gave you a bonus for keeping footprints off the seats.  You can use that extra cash to get a nice moustache trim at the local barbershop

• Topic Count:  46
  • Content Count:  2,569
  • Days Won:  1

try not drinking at these events and see what happens

Does not compute

• Topic Count:  185
  • Content Count:  3,307

Try not acting like British soccer hooligans at these games, sneaking hard liquor into the games, and acting like it's your freaking BIRTHRIGHT to rush the field and tear down the goalposts.

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  8,044
  • Days Won:  9

The cops haven't been to bad to me or my party.  Sometimes we get a little hyped and stand on the seats, but the worste that's come of it is we were told not to do it (which I understand because whoever usually stands is pretty plastered and it has doom written all over it).

Actually a buddy of mine snuck in a bottle of beer and the cops saw him drinking it.  All they did was make him go and throw it away because it was glass.  So, I've no real qualms.

Though I do recall the Louisville game where the police were overly brutal.  I think a few officers should have been majorly repremanded for it.

Guest Sprtsfn627
Try not acting like British soccer hooligans at these games, sneaking hard liquor into the games, and acting like it's your freaking BIRTHRIGHT to rush the field and tear down the goalposts.

Did you even bother to read this thread?  Don't assume that everyone that gets kicked out is a hooligan.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

If anyone wants to actually file a complaint I have all the contacts that you will need. I went through this last week and was given the run around untill I finally proved I wasn't going away, and they gave me the correnct contacts. If we don't complain about this to the proper people, we will be dealing with these stories over and over again.

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  698

PM me if you want the TSA or HCSO contact. These are their direct lines, so I don't want to just publicly advertise these numbers.

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139

Better get Gene involved...    ;)

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

try not drinking at these events and see what happens

Does not compute

the cops may not be the problem