• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

4-2 (1-1) Go BULLS !!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334
  • Days Won:  0

Too bad there are no playoffs!  ;D

UF     6 - 0  1.000

USF   4 - 2    .667

FSU   3 - 2    .600

UM    3 - 2    .600

FAU   1 - 4    .200

FIU   Game not finished at the time of this post.

Im glad we dont play UM or FSU this year both of those teams would still give us L's.  What records say and what kind of athletes you have on the field can be decieving.  The best team athletically we've seen is rugters which isnt saying much.  UL and WVU will be the fist teams we play with elite talent like UM and FSU, lets not get carried away here.  

You must mean that "elite level" talent in louisville that got wrecked last year in our stadium.  WVU beat us, but it didn't look like they beat us on talent.  They beat us on execution.  Missed tackles and blown assignments hurt the D, and we all know what hurt us on offense.  The coaches didn't pin that loss on talent, and neither should fans.  WVU was the better team not because of talent, but because they OUTPLAYED us.  Much like we outplayed louisville.  Good teams show up with that caliper play every week.

You say not to look at schools based on records.  Instead, your logic points towards picking places being good merely because of their name.  News flash: 6-6 nebraska a few years ago wasn't really that good.  These miami and fsu teams are better than that, but if they finish with 4+ losses, they aren't that good either.  Good teams are consistent.

Reality is somewhere between the two.  Saying Miami or FSU are sure L's for USF this year is ignorant.  Those teams look awful compared to what they usually field, especially on offense.  I'm not sure weatherford or wright could even throw our corners out of how we were playing tonight (play corners off allowing more safety support and force the offense to make sustained drives via intermediate passing).  Neither are the premier QB's they were hyped to be yet.

I hold judgment for now.  How teams do across a season start to finish is what matters.

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

Too bad there are no playoffs!  ;D

UF     6 - 0  1.000

USF   4 - 2    .667

FSU   3 - 2    .600

UM    3 - 2    .600

FAU   1 - 4    .200

FIU   Game not finished at the time of this post.

Im glad we dont play UM or FSU this year both of those teams would still give us L's.  What records say and what kind of athletes you have on the field can be decieving.  The best team athletically we've seen is rugters which isnt saying much.  UL and WVU will be the fist teams we play with elite talent like UM and FSU, lets not get carried away here.  

Didn't Bill Parcels say, "You're only as good as your record says you are?" I don't know. I realize both FSU and UM are better teams. But... how about we savor the moment, huh?!

GO BULLS!

that Parcels quote really only holds true in NFL FOOTBALL.

come on guys, i love the bulls to but we arent there YET!

• Topic Count:  723
  • Content Count:  12,293

it sucks that we could easily be 5-1 or even 6-0 and RANKED.   o well, same could be said for a lot of teams im sure.

• Topic Count:  999
  • Content Count:  19,229
  • Days Won:  1

it sucks that we could easily be 5-1 or even 6-0 and RANKED.   o well, same could be said for a lot of teams im sure.

true, and we could be 2-4 right now if we don't come back on FIU and can't hold against UCF in the waning moments...

I'll take the 4-2 and the improving offense... the future is bright.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

Lets be serious, the 4 teams we've beaten have a combined 2 wins over D-IAA talent. Let's not get big heads just yet.

Not saying we couldn't beat FSU or Miami, but it's not like we've been more consistent than them on the field. I don't know if we're that good yet. The UNC game will give some incite.

With the way the Oline played last night we have a good chance of beating them.

We will see how close we are to beating a FSU or UM with our games against WVU and UL.  

• Topic Count:  197
  • Content Count:  10,251
  • Days Won:  14

Lets be serious, the 4 teams we've beaten have a combined 2 wins over D-IA talent. Let's not get big heads just yet.

Not saying we couldn't beat FSU or Miami, but it's not like we've been more consistent than them on the field. I don't know if we're that good yet. The UNC game will give some incite.

With the way the Oline played last night we have a good chance of beating them.

Note: I accidently deleted my earlier post.