• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Idea for Pitt game marketing gimmick

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144
  • Days Won:  0

Don't some teams start taking fluids intravenously a few days prior to such a game?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Mike, I agree with Gary.  Walk up for this game will be half of what it would of been on Saturday nite because UF, UM, FSU, UCF and any other "Big" college football fan which would of considered the walk up Sat will be thinking about the pregame for FSUvsUM festivities.

As for some of us who worry to much about attendance,  I wouldn't call it worry.  Its about wanting the program to succeed.  Attendance equals cash.  Cash fuels success.  Additionally, attendance signifies the level of success and notorietyof a program.  To have the Bulls recognized as a upper echelon program, IMO, attendance must average over 35K.

Hitting 41K would of added an extra 2200 cushion for the other 5 games (The engineer in me is talking now) to make that average.  IMO if the Bulls are successful early we can expect 30K+ maybe 33K for all conference games especially if season tix can get to 20K.  I am expecting 34K-36K now for Pitt.

The other issue is the travelers now need to take Tuesday off work.  Before they could of flew in Sat morn.  Sorry smazza but I'd only expect that number to be around 1500 negatively, tops.  Any diehard that was planning on traveling for the opener probably will not hesitate to take a vacation day on Tuesday.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

Don't some teams start taking fluids intravenously a few days prior to such a game?

Not sure that a couple days would do any good, cause you'd just piss it out.  Is there medically any way to increase your water holding capacity by doing this?  However, I can definitely see doing it starting an hour before the game.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

The other issue is the travelers now need to take Tuesday off work.  Before they could of flew in Sat morn.  Sorry smazza but I'd only expect that number to be around 1500 negatively, tops.  Any diehard that was planning on traveling for the opener probably will not hesitate to take a vacation day on Tuesday.

I agree.  I am adjusting my travel plans from flying in on Friday evening and out on Sunday evening to flying in on Saturday afternoon and out on Tuesday morning.  Essentially, I'll be spending EXTRA time in Tampa because of the change.

• Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451

Those are all valid points Mike.  At this point its all conjecture. :)

• Topic Count:  112
  • Content Count:  687

I think attendance will be fine.  Everyone I talked to is pumped about the game and will be in attendance.  They like the idea of a top team coming to our house and it being the only game on at the time.

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

i am sure the same monday slot will be open next year

USF should cut deal with ftu and espn now to put it on tv

before um/fsu

imagine that and gators are out of mix

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,676
  • Days Won:  29

We are still a growing program and this game's att. will be a good measuring stick of where we are in 2004.

Go BULLS !!!

• Topic Count:  505
  • Content Count:  3,407
  • Days Won:  1

Here's an idea for marketing,  contact each area high school and talk with the football coaches... Tell them that they have access to two for one tickets and that their players and PARENTS can purchase them.... How often do these kids get to come to RJ on a monday?   High Schoolers usually play on Friday and go out and do stupid things (like we all did) on Saturdays....   Can you imagine if all these young players and their parents have access to two for ones?  Plus maybe a few of them might imagine themselves playing one day close to home for our BUlls!!!!   If only I was in charge of marketing!!!!   Maybe someone with power will read this!   T-Man

• Topic Count:  721
  • Content Count:  6,754
  • Days Won:  19

How about we fire the marketing head and give it to a graduating student that has passion about USF!