• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CFN Bowl Projection: None for USF

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

it will go down to the wire

usf needs to beat uconn

• Topic Count:  222
  • Content Count:  4,210
  • Days Won:  8

If we go 6-6 we probably don't go bowling, so we need to beat at least UConn, UNC, Cinci, and Syracuse.  Pitt win would be a huge boost, since they are so much nationally recognized, regardless of how good they are.  Don't know if they are any better than RU, so we have a shot.  RU might be 3rd best BE team.  We "should" win 4 of next 5 games.  Whether that happens remains to be seen.

Oh, and I am sorry but Syracuse is NOT better than USF, I don't care what the bowl predictors say.  Yeah they played Iowa tough at the Carrier dome, but Iowa might be overhyped.   But we still have to play em...

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  10,565
  • Days Won:  7

If we go 6-6 we probably don't go bowling, so we need to beat at least UConn, UNC, Cinci, and Syracuse.  Pitt win would be a huge boost, since they are so much nationally recognized, regardless of how good they are.  Don't know if they are any better than RU, so we have a shot.  RU might be 3rd best BE team.  We "should" win 4 of next 5 games.  Whether that happens remains to be seen.

Oh, and I am sorry but Syracuse is NOT better than USF, I don't care what the bowl predictors say.  Yeah they played Iowa tough at the Carrier dome, but Iowa might be overhyped.   But we still have to play em...

We could go 6-6 and still go to a bowl game. It would take many things happening to occur, but is't possible. Beating UConn, Cincinnati and Syracuse gets us there.

You're asking Syracuse to go 3-4 in Big East play, which is a tall order. They have improved, but not that much. Their next three games are PITT, @WVU, and LOUISVILLE. They are staring at being 3-5.

If we beat UConn the already would have 3 losses before having played UL, WVU, Rutgers and Pitt. They should not be favored against any of those 4 teams.

Cincinnati already has 3 losses, with one being to Pitt. If we beat them, then they still have to lose 3 games to WVU, UL and Rutgers. I think they are more of a threat than Syracuse is.

Not too concerned about thie weeks bowl projections because I am sure they will change if we win and Syracuse loses on Saturday.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Content Count:  5,407
  • Days Won:  10

I'd love us to meet Southern Piss on ANY field.  In a bowl -- great!  I know that they are not bcs, but they are the team I have the most animosity toward.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  132
  • Days Won:  0

Dad, I was thinking the same thing about SMISS. They just seemed to get under my skin more then any team that has beaten USF.

• Topic Count:  39
  • Content Count:  3,403

there are 32 bowl games.  we wouldnt be picked up by some other bowl potentially if more than the needed big east teams are eligible for those bowl games mentioned above?

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  161

One would like to think we could expect an at-large bid to a non-BigEast Bowl if we get passed over with a decent record. But, I think that's very remote. Look at the economics. Those spots would, in my estimation, go to better known teams who would either "travel" well or attract a sizeable Tv audience, or both.

The Meineke Bowl was a great time last year-that's what I'm hoping for.

One would like to think we could expect an at-large bid to a non-BigEast Bowl if we get passed over with a decent record. But, I think that's very remote. Look at the economics. Those spots would, in my estimation, go to better known teams who would either "travel" well or attract a sizeable Tv audience, or both.

The Meineke Bowl was a great time last year-that's what I'm hoping for.

Meineke signed a one-year contract with Navy... which has 4 wins and needs 2 more to make it.  You can pretty much forget going back to Charlotte this year.

Also, with 64 bowl slots available for 119 teams, you can expect a lot of 6-6 teams to make bowl games -- regardless of travel or potential tv audiences. If USF gets to 6-6, we will go to a bowl game.