• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Someone from the band help!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  151
  • Content Count:  1,037
  • Days Won:  0

Ok this might sound petty but,

why doesnt the band go into the parking lot anymore? that was the best!!!

please dont stop that!!! start it back up!!

TUBA!!!!!!!!!!

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,066

Dr. Robinson's reason for stopping the tailgating event and just doing the Roadside Concert is for health and safety concerns.  By the time we were ready to do the pregame show inside the stadium last year, over half the band was already exhausted either physically or our "chops" to play.

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  996

My only request for the band is that you wait a second for us to start the ALma Mater after the game.  It happened so fast that Rutgers was still celebrating and we didnt even hear it.  We stayed behind for it and missed it...  :(

• Topic Count:  104
  • Content Count:  1,981

Positive: Another great performance by the band

Suggestion/Request: Please, do not start playing once a flag is thrown.  I would like to hear the call on the field from time to time.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  4,751
  • Content Count:  37,666
  • Days Won:  29

... over half the band was already exhausted either physically or our "chops" to play.

we nEed tO geT moRe baNd meMbeRS

wE nEEd 500

NeED A BAnd fOr taILgaTIng AnD 1 FOR thE gamE

... over half the band was already exhausted either physically or our "chops" to play.

we nEed tO geT moRe baNd meMbeRS

wE nEEd 500

NeED A BAnd fOr taILgaTIng AnD 1 FOR thE gamE

Personally, I enjoyed the tailgating performances....I thought that was cool.

As for membership, every home game isa recruiting tool as well as the invitations we get at high school band competitions.  Yesterday was very successful for recruiting at Seminole High School Sound Spectacular.

If anyone knows of a college student in the bay area that plays a wind instrument or drums or does color gaurd, please have them visit http://band.arts.usf.edu and click on "Prospective Members" on the left side of the screen.

Also, if you crazy-loving fans and alumni would like to see HOT at more away games, as always it takes $$$ to make this happen whether we're talking about a 100 piece pep band or the entire 240+ (speaking in future terms) members.  Click on this link to help this become a reality: http://usfweb2.usf.edu/ua/affmb/flash/

As always, GO BULLS!!!

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,672
  • Days Won:  424

Suggestion/Request: Please, do not start playing once a flag is thrown.  I would like to hear the call on the field from time to time.

Have Shoop give you his cell phone number and call him if you didn't hear the penalty call ......... The band doesn't seem to affect him.  ;)

• Topic Count:  131
  • Content Count:  3,097
  • Days Won:  1

I dont know if this can be done, but do the HOT do exhibitions outside of the Hillsborough and Pinellas counties???  I would really like to see the HOT stretch to doing exhibitions in other nearby counties like Pasco, Manatee, Sarasota, and Polk.  

I remember when I was in HOT we did exhibitions at Chamberlain High, Durant High and BOA Reginal at the Trop.  I know there aren't any competitions up here in Pasco, but there is the District 5 Marching MPA that is held at my old HS (River Ridge), which is held there pretty much every year.

I dont know if this can be done, but do the HOT do exhibitions outside of the Hillsborough and Pinellas counties???  I would really like to see the HOT stretch to doing exhibitions in other nearby counties like Pasco, Manatee, Sarasota, and Polk.  

I remember when I was in HOT we did exhibitions at Chamberlain High, Durant High and BOA Reginal at the Trop.  I know there aren't any competitions up here in Pasco, but there is the District 5 Marching MPA that is held at my old HS (River Ridge), which is held there pretty much every year.

October 28 EXHIBITION @ Orlando Marching MPA

December 9 EXHIBITION @ FESTIVAL OF WINDS – USF CLASSES END

http://band.arts.usf.edu/calendar.htm

• Topic Count:  502
  • Content Count:  5,903
  • Days Won:  1

I would love to see/hear a pregame performance myself. Perhaps at the least for homecoming.